View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

Default Re: Damnit!!! Some days, it does not pay to own this car.....

Man I feel ya on the vibration issues. I chased a vibration in my 351w. The 351's use 28 oz stuff too. I sent my flywheel to Keith Craft and had them drill the flywheel to change from 50 oz to 28 oz. I put a fluiddamper 28 oz harmonic balancer on it. SFI approved, I might add. I could not for the life of me figure out why the hell it was vibrating. In this process, I did also switch from rubber motor mounts to solid mounts. But that was not the problem. I never really suspected them, but it was something to try cause you never know. Anyway, I tried a different flywheel. One from an old 351 that used a 10 inch clutch set up. That didn't fix it. So by now, I knew it wasnt' the clutch, flywheel, or solid motor mounts. I had run this motor for awhile before this started. So I also knew it wasn't the crank either. Only one thing left to try-the harmonic balancer. I borrowed my buddys fluiddamper (he has the exact same one) and put it on. Voila! no vibration! So I took it back off to compare his to mine to see why mine was causing the vibration. The keyway was not broached in the right place. It was about 5 degrees off! The vibration never was very bad, but it was very noticeable and aggravating.