MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-20-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Flashback?

Tesla has a new cd out and the first cut, Caught up in a dream, sounds like the same old Telsa. I guess I'll be buying that soon. I also heard on the radio that Judas Priest got back together! http://www.judaspriest.com/

I feel like a kid again! Time to hit the concerts!
Old 03-24-2004, 12:41 PM   #2
RBatson
Registered Member

Ok, I guess we have no Tesla and Judas Priest fans here... so, what concerts have you been to? I've been to see..

AC/DC, Heart(my first concert, age 13 or abouts), 38 special(twice), Collective Soul(twice), Little Feat, Creed, Tesla, Firehouse, Eve6, Third Eye Blind, Sister Hazel, Van Halen(Sammy), Bad Company(post Paul Rogers), Warrant, Matchbox20, Hal Ketchum, Lynard Skynard, The Allman brothers... I know I'm forgetting some.

I wish I could have seen... The Eagles, Foreigner, Journey, Genesis, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Rush, Billy Squire, Guns n Roses..

what about you?
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
stacy's stang
Registered Member

I have aerosmith tickets!!!!!!! I can hardly wait! I've seen Van Halen 3 times, Bad Company, Lynard Skynard, Yes, Tina, Turner, Otis Day, Eddie Money, Billy Joel, John Cougar Mellencamp, most of which I don't remember. lol Maybe now that I'm old and a little more mellow I'll remember this one
Old 03-24-2004, 06:50 PM   #4
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I would just like to see Brittany Spears.....naked.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:54 PM   #5
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Sorry about that...I could not resist.

Let's see the last few concerts I have been to have been: The Wiggles, Sesame Street Live, and Barney.

But I would LOVE to see Danny Elfman. That guy is so talented....perhaps the greatest musician of our time. You may not know who he is, but I can guarentee that you have heard his music many times. Used to be the lead singer from Oingo Boingo but writes score for just about every hit movie these days.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:42 PM   #6
mustardjohn
Registered Member

I am from way back there....saw

Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, The Who, ZZ Top when they opened for the Alman Brothers and on and on

Last concert was BB King about a year ago. He was pretty much by himself it was great. Saw him When I was a kid when he had a large band

Saw James Brown before he looks like he does in today's paper. Ugg!!!

Went to see Green Day they remind me of the Who when they were young. Saw AC/DC when Hiway to Hell was popular. Ive been to the New Orleans Jazz Festible about 10 times so saw all the reggae crowd plus older Blues guys alot of whom are dead now.

Saw Otis Redding, Four Tops, Temptations, all the Motown crowd

Never saw the Beatles
Old 03-24-2004, 10:26 PM   #7
digital3.3

i get to see 'perfect circle' on the april 8th.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:58 PM   #8
jocatmust
Registered Member

Default concerts

I have seen: 1st ZZTopw/BTO, REO Speedwagonw/Joan Jett, Aerosmith, David Lee Roth, Van Halen twice, Scorpion ( the all time best), Def Leppardw/Telsa, Cinderalla,Bonham, Judis Prest, Duran Duran, Monty Monty bostone, Rick Springfield, Poison, Clarence Carter, AC/DC, Allman Brothers, 38 Special, there as been so many that I can't remember them all. I am sure as soon as I get off, I will remember more. I use to go when I was in high school. I havn't done much of that in a long time. I guess I should loosen up and start enjoying the things I did as a kid. I also have seen so many local bands that is not funny. My best friend and I use to go see bands every weekend when we were both in our twentys. I want to go see Diamond Rio next month. They have one song that is very special to me. It makes me cry every time I hear it.
jocatmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #9
RBatson
Registered Member

I'd like to see Aerosmith, that would be cool, I bet you're siked! I think Perfect Circle is playing in Raleigh sometime soon but I'm not quite as familiar with them.

Quote:
Originally posted by mustardjohn
Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, The Who, ZZ Top when they opened for the Alman Brothers and on and on
I'd love to have seen those bands, must have been great!

I heard on the radio that Van Halen is starting a world tour this summer. Hagar is getting back with the band, which is cool but had it been Roth... it would be a MUST SEE event(for me anyhow). It kicks off June 11th in Greensboro, NC. http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsA...toryID=4675874

Too bad they aren't playing at the Alltel ampitheater in Raleigh, I love sitting outside sipping a cold old and listening to good music.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:58 AM   #10
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: concerts

Quote:
Originally posted by jocatmust
I guess I should loosen up and start enjoying the things I did as a kid.
Isn't that what life is all about? That's the best conclusion I've come too.

You have seen alot of good bands, cool.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:18 AM   #11
mustardjohn
Registered Member

ZZ Topp and Hank Williams Jr. are playing together here in a few weeks at a new venue The Ford arena. Big Blue Oval on the sign out front. Not sure why the Oval as there are nothing but a few dealerships in the area. I may go if it is an outside concert.

One of the wildest concerts I ever went to was KC and the Sunshine Band (Do a little dance, Make a little Love, get down tonight). Seemed like an innocent enough event on a high school football field but the crowd was juiced......

Yes the late 60's and early 70's really kicked off the modern concert era. There was a lot of interest in music and an unusually large number of great bands and a lot of "Baby Boomers" looking for something to do.

New Orleans Jazz Fest is coming up at the end of April First of May, two weekends. If you are in the area it is worth a visit. Everything from Rock to Gosiple Choir to Blues with plenty of beer and local food. Many stages with multiple bands playing all the time. I think it has been going on for at least 30 years and is held at the local Horse race track in the infield, a 10 minute ride from the French Quarter

Santana, Lenny Kravitz, Buckwheat Zydeco, Bonnie Raitt will be there along with 100's of others. Check it out
http://www.nojazzfest.com/schedule/index04.html
Old 03-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #12
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I saw Van Halen (without Sammy) and thought they put on a great show.

I've also seen Korn, Metallica, Linkin Park, Deftones, Gravity Kills, Dave Mathews, O.A.R., System of a Down, Kid Rock, Powerman 5000, Puddle of Mudd, and a few others that I won't mention here (like Boyz 2 Men :jason runs and hides in embarrasment

All of them put on great shows, except I thought Deftones wasn't too great. Maybe they had a bad night, but it just sounded like everything was cranked as loud as it would go and you couldn't make out any of the songs.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:12 AM   #13
Capri306

Hoo boy, I saw LA Guns, Quiet Riot, and Warrant last year at Harpo's here in Detroit...never again going to Harpo's for a concert (bad part of town). The 80's rock bands sure have been coming around a lot lately, huh?

I just saw Three Days Grace and three other cover bands at St. Andrew's on March 18th. That show KICKED AZZ!!! But probably my favorite concert was the 89X birthday bash in '02 when they had a $hitload of cover bands, Dashboard Confessional, and Our Lady Peace (right before the release of Gravity). Awesome show; I've never seen that many ppl crowdsurfing at once, before or since.

Okay, enough ranting. I'll close on my disappointment with Puddle of Mudd leaving the Kid Rock tour. Guess they got too big? Dunno, but they treated Toledo like $hit when they played there...or so I heard...

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:10 PM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

tesla, that's cool, one of my fav band's, btw rick it's lynyrd SKYNYRD, lol get it right, lmao. cant remember all the band's i have seen, hhuuumm, wonder why? lol.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:10 AM   #15
RBatson
Registered Member

mustardjohn- I ran across that festival on the net a year or two ago. We even thought about going but didn't make it, thanks for reminding me. I have got to go one of these days.

Marty, I never can get it right. I don't know why I have a problem with all the 'y's. So you're a Tesla fan, that is a bit surprising.

It seems everyone is Rocking out with the concerts, I love it! I think I'll use this thread to post news of upcoming concerts. BTW, I heard the Aerosmith tour had Cheap Trick as the opening act!! How's that for nostalga?!?!

Rock on!
Old 04-04-2004, 06:02 PM   #16
mustardjohn
Registered Member

New Orleans Jazz Fest is a great time. I have T-shirts from the early 70's the first few times I went. It has gottem a lot bigger since then but still is a great time. I last went in 2000 I think. The Gospel Tent is a must see.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:35 AM   #17
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I cant Resist...
I LOVED when Tesla did "Signs". Man, that was too cool....

Just saw the KID (ROCK) for the second time, it was bad ass. WE NEVER SAT DOWN! Got a great review too...

seen AC/DC twice,
Matchbox 20
TRAIN....(they kicked ass)
REO Speedwagon
Journey
ZZTOP 4 times. (Once a private concert at a hairdresser Convention, we were like 50 feet away!)
Chicago
Hewy Lewis
Truimph
Sammy Hagar (Alone)
Uriah Heep
Ted Nugent
STONES(my all time faves,)
New Barbarians (this was in 1979 I think. lol...)(Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood from the Stones side group)
Johnny Rivers
Temptations
Tommy James and the Shondells
The Kingsman. 'Louie Louie." lol

on the country side.
George Strait about 6 times, (once at the infamous Gilleys, once at the Huntsville prison Rodeo)
Sawyer Brown
Hank Jr.
Don Williams
Merle Haggard
the Judds
Alabama
Randy Travis
Kieth URban...(he is SUCH a babe!)
Brooks and Dunn
Toby Keith,

Im sure there is more, but i forget who?
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #18
Rev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
lmao. cant remember all the band's i have seen, hhuuumm, wonder why? lol.
Maybe it's because some of us old bastards started off with Bill Haley and the Comets. And then there was that new guy, Elvis somebody or other, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #19
RBatson
Registered Member

You go back a long ways there Rev damn you're.... err.. got a good memory I'm willing to bet that Marty can't remember due to the consumption of alcoholic beverages.. just a guess

being a member of the obc probably doesn't help tho..
Old 04-07-2004, 08:45 PM   #20
Rev
Registered Member

Default Shrunk brains?

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
You go back a long ways there Rev damn you're.... err.. got a good memory I'm willing to bet that Marty can't remember due to the consumption of alcoholic beverages.. just a guess

being a member of the obc probably doesn't help tho..

I'm afraid some of us may have shrunk our brains with the "hooch" and late niight posting, hee, hee.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote