MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-30-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Unhappy Mustang Works in Mustang Magazines (credit where credit is due)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan McClain in the Site Discussion Forum (back in 1999!)
"...The site may not have always been the best design, in fact the old design was 3 years old, or more, and garbage compared to the professional work I do today, but it was always functionally advanced and had good features. That's why it grew the popularity and following it has today. I think the new design of the site is up to par, if not more advanced, than any other automotive related site out there. I'm not sure what politics are going on in the Mag world, but we here at The Mustang Works plan to make them stand up and take the notice that is due. If anyone wants to help, Call, Email, or write all the major Mustang magazines and politely inform them about the new site, it's popularity, and that they should give us much more attention then they have. All of us here that work on the site will appreciate greatly any help our users and supporters can give us..."
This was originally dug up by joe4speed.
Hey guys, we need to do this: email MM&FF and get this site mentioned. I've been waiting too long to here about this site in there and I'm really sick and tired of this. What the crap is the deal? Without going into a rant, I suggest we all here do what Dan suggests in the above quote (call, write or email these guys).
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:13 AM   #2
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I am being too lazy now to look up the email address myself, but if anyone knows it, post it here.

I am sure many members on this board would take a second or two to email some of the mags out there.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #3
RBatson
Registered Member

Hey bro, the site has been mentioned in the mags 2 or 3 times through the years. I can't remember if it was in mm&ff specifically but it has been mentioned, someone even made comment about the bang up group of moderators and members.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 07:59 AM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

That was a loooong time ago now that was written. Actually, MM&FF did do a full feature in their Cyber Stallions column on Mustang Works back in October of 1999. In addition, Mustang Works has been given mention in 5.0 Mustang on several occasions over the years. You can see several of those, and awards the site received over the years here.

Of course, the MM&FF article and many of the other mentions have been some time ago now. Sure would be nice to get some more... but, I think that will come in time.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy :(

I always check out the CYBERSTALLIONS section of MM&FF and have enjoyed seeing sites on there that I have been a member of. BUT...1999 was a LOOOOOOONG time ago! Do they EVER do them over again? Things change alot. I agree, I too would like to see MW featured again. This site has come a LOOOOONG way since then, and more people need to be made aware. IMHO.

The SVT Cobra Club that I'm a member of the LOCAL chapter of...( I cant join the REAL SVT NATIONAL Club, cuz I dont have a Cobra ) is featured in Sept. 2003 issue.
Here is the link to MM&FF if you would like to email them
www.musclemustangfastfords.com
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:40 AM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
Hey bro, the site has been mentioned in the mags 2 or 3 times through the years. I can't remember if it was in mm&ff specifically but it has been mentioned, someone even made comment about the bang up group of moderators and members.
Whoops, I guess that's the danger of messing around with ancient posts. Thanks for the update.

Dan, thanks for the links. You know, I never b4 took time to go to those links (yes, I'm ashamed ). Now I know. Thanks again..
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote