MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-10-2004, 08:57 PM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default The Official MustangWorks Who's Who

It's that time of year again That's right everbodys FAVORITE time of year.......the annual MustangWorks Who's Who poll. PM me your suggests and I will post the results on one week. Have fun Oh and no voting for yourself......that's cheating

1)Most mechanically knowlegable
2)Most helpful
3)craziest
4)Most likely to start a flame war
5)Fastest car
6)Most likely to blow their whole paycheck on their car
7)Biggest pain in the ***
8)Most likely to still be posting when they're 90
9)Most likeable
10)Most likely to make a fool of themselves in front of a crowd
11)Most sarcastic
12)Biggest post *****
13)Most likey to break their car at the track

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 12:30 AM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I'll send you a private message with as many as i can answer

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

What prizes do the winners get?

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:22 PM   #4
digital3.3

how long do we have to get these in?
Old 03-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #5
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by digital3.3
how long do we have to get these in?
One week

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-12-2004, 07:05 PM   #6
tireburner163

Come on now guys, lets get those votes in!!!

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-14-2004, 10:06 AM   #7
tireburner163

Come one guys, I've only gotten like 3 votes in so far. Lets see some votes!!!!!!!!!

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 03-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

There are not even enough regulars on this site to fill the categories.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:09 PM   #9
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
There are not even enough regulars on this site to fill the categories.
As much as I hate to say it, I agree with Dark. This site, for whatever reason, has just slowed to an absolute snails pace in last 6 months. It's unfortunate.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 05:49 PM   #10
StangFlyer
Founder

Come on... There's a lot more than 13 people that regularly visit the forums. And, the site as a whole has thousands of visitors each day.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:20 PM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You have got to admit that the core group has slowly melted away.

Not many people regularly post that have more than 1500 post.

I tend to stay in Windsor power for the most part nowadays.

I realize that this site is more than just a bunch of forums. I think the Vibe and personality of the site went South when PKRWUD and Mr 5.0 left. Hell at this point I even miss Eric4Nitrous
Old 03-15-2004, 08:27 PM   #12
StangFlyer
Founder

Sounds like you may be implying that posts from all the countless members who don't have a message count higher than 1500 yet aren't nearly as valuable... Well, I personally think that the forums personality here is contributed to by a lot more members than the 6 to 12 old timers that don't seem to come around anymore with any real frequency. And, this is a community site... and, as with any community sometimes older people go and new ones come along. Not that long time members and participants aren't a good thing, they certainly are.... just that the new ones are just as important and sometimes replace ones lost. Such is the way of things in life. MW should never be dependent on any one member, or even a small group of them, as far as I see it any ways.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:36 PM   #13
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Dan:

Not trying to be controversial, but I have really enjoyed MW. I purchased my first Mustang just last July and joined MW I think in September. I guess, I am still a newbee.

MW has made my ownership experience more enjoyable. Nice to find others from so many different backgrounds with the same interest. The members here are as different as our Mustangs, yet we all have commonality.

Groups change. It's hard to be all things to all people.

Blake

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well i'm still here, i vote for tireburner as biggest pita, lmao.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #15
StangFlyer
Founder

Blake - Well said... you're personal note was excellent in further making the point I was trying to convey. It's really nice to hear that MW has added to your ownership and involvement with our favorite performance machine... the Ford Mustang.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:28 AM   #16
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You totaly missed my point. I wasnt saying that members with a low post count are not as valueable.

Most sites have a moderator of each forum that contributes to the forums and helps build the identity of a site. Most of the moderators here only post about 5 times a year. That coupled with a steadily declining core group is directly responsible for the steadily declining total post count.

Remember back in the day when we used to have problems with post w h o r e s.........That definitely isnt a problem now.

Say what you want but you cant argue with the facts. i can post up in Blue Oval Lounge right now and that same post will still be on the front page 2 weeks from now.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:07 AM   #17
StangFlyer
Founder

So what are you saying man... you're the only post w h o r e left here?
Old 03-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #18
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You got it
Old 03-16-2004, 02:51 PM   #19
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
well i'm still here
Me too... I'm just not on the computer at ALL much anymore, so I don't know too many new people here anymore!
I work too much to feel very chatty when I get home from work now.
I do still have the Mustangworks.com stickers on the Stang, though, because I do think it's a great tech site. Far better than Corral or equiv.

*EDIT* Btw here are the last two results threads!

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...light=whos+who

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...light=whos+who

Last edited by joe4speed; 03-16-2004 at 03:22 PM..
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:44 PM   #20
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Leaders wanted

Dan's right.

As one of those 'old-timers' with a post count over 7,000 and a member of seven years standing, as well as being a former moderator and administrator on Mustang Works, I agree that no site or messageboard forum should have to be dependent on a handful of members to keep it vibrant and active.

Back in the day, I spent a lot of time on the Mustang Works site, mainly in the 'Tech' forum. I was one of the people instrumental in building up the Windsor Power (and Blue Oval Lounge) forum(s) by responding to almost every tech question personally and posting lots and lots of stuff in the Lounge. Some of it was even interesting. Eventually, other people started posting more, too and after a few years, we had a host of knowledgable posters visiting tech every day and sharing their knowledge so my personal participation became less necessary, although I still posted there for quite some time and remained the moderator.

Here on the BOL I got into all sorts of interesting and sometimes pretty hard-edged discussions on various cultural topics with a variety of people; some great guys and gals, some very much less than great. As time went on more and more foks joined MW and of course the BOL grew, along with the other forums. This is typical of a growing site. After five years as an unpaid moderator and later, administrator, I resigned my posts and pretty much quit visiting MW. Part of that decision was due to time constraints stemming from my wife's deteriorating health (nothing life-threatening) and, frankly, my frustration at feeling constrained from posting on controversial issues when I was a part of the staff and representing Mustang Works to the world, as it were. As you might expect, I also had problems with a few members that I felt made the 'job' a chore and once that happens, especially in an unpaid position, it's time to go. So I did. Dan understood this and has remained a friend.

Unfortunately, for reasons not quite clear to me, we've lost a lot of regular posters over the past year and the Blue Oval Lounge seems to be rather empty, as many have noted. That's a shame, because - and if you're reading this, you know - MW is a great Mustang site and the BOL is good place to visit but it needs less lurkers looking for interesting posts (and leaving when they don't find any) and more posters willing to take the time and effort to post interesting, even controversial topics and engage others in civil debate.

TV show comments, movie reviews, political opinions, personal stories that are amusing or just informative are all needed. Gay marriage - right or wrong? Bush or Kerry? Terrorism, Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' and the ensuing crackdown on obscenity by the FCC, all these and many, many more are hot topics that make for lively debate - but that takes time and moderators have to be willing to monitor and quickly close off threads with personal attacks and trash talk in order to keep the debates worth having and not becoming simply a stupid name-calling brawl.

In short, it takes work to keep a messageboard interesting and fun to visit. Posters who sit back and wait for someone else to start a 'good' thread or just want to read other people's opinions are fine but we need leaders here; MW members who can write a coherent sentence or two and have enough knowledge and the maturity to to engage others without getting their feelings hurt when they are challenged on a pet idea. A messageboard leader is also one who can keep a sense of humor and not take every post that disagrees with him or her as a personal affront to their manhood (or womanhood, as the case may be). Yes, that takes a little maturity and some extra time spent on Mustang Works. I did it for years and I (mostly) enjoyed it. Others did it too, and they were an asset to the board. O.K., the pay stinks (none) but you get an audience of thousands and help the Mustang community in many ways. I recommend it.

I'm afraid that after 7 years, my time as a 'leader' on Mustang Works has passed but I hate to see the forums, especially BOL, diminish in activity simply because our many members don't want to put in the effort. I'm sure there are some good writers with lots of opinions out there reading this right now. Guess what? It's time to stop lurking and start posting! Mustang Works is a vital site and one that deserves more attention than it sometimes gets. You can help rectify that and be a leader. Never mind titles, be a de facto leader by virtue of your posts and you'll be well-recognized by all. Dan McClain is a great 'boss' and will appreciate your efforts, I can assure you. You may even receive a coveted MW tee-shirt!

Be a leader. Don't just complain about the lack of posts on the Blue Oval Lounge...do something about it and stop waiting for someone else to take the lead. Good luck to all - and I look forward to seeing those great posts!