MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-15-2001, 04:22 PM   #1
stangman27
Registered Member

Angry Darn cop!!

the other night i was driving the meet my friends somewhere i wasn't in a hurry so i wasn't going that much over the speed limit at a stop light i notice a cop right behind me i am like i bet he is going to pull me over for something i didn't do so we start driving stop at 2 more lights he is still behind me the last stop light was on an incline so u have to give it more gas when u r letting out the clutch so i didn't roll back i pull through the intersection into another city and the cop flips on his lights so i pull over i am polite and everything and he goes do u know what i pulled u over for and i am like no what ?? he says my mufflers are putting out to much noise ( i wanted to say well u know what that can't be because i don't have any) as he is walking back to his car the check my insurence and stuff but as he was walking away he goes and u where also speeding way back there doing 53 in a 35 then turns back around and goes to his car 2 other cops pull behind him so i am like what the **** i didn't do anything and i have never even been pulled over before so i know there is nothing on my record he comes back and goes here u go hands me a speeding ticket and a written warning for my mufflers i was pissed then he walks away i know i wasn't speeding because there is a nasty set of railroad tracks right were he said i was speeding plus there were cars in front of me. Do u guys think i should fight this or just pay the ticket because if i fight it it will cause trouble and i drive through that city everyday so then he will get me for every little thing i do

------------------
89 GT 5.0 k&n, ram air,65MM t-body ,65MM mass air sensor, 65MM EGR spacer, Hurst shifter short throw, straight pipes and 3:55 gears. MAC headers, Frame Connectors,
NOS 75-150 shot
stangman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:29 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

That's bull! If you really don't think you were speeding, you should definitely fight it. I don't know what the law is where you live, but in Cali, the cop has to have gotten you on radar in order to give you a ticket. Did the cop show you the 53mph displayed in his gun? As far as the muffler thing, I'd just take that one, as it was just a warning. Good luck if you decide to fight it.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
teal93LX
Registered Member

take it to a ticket lawyer..most of 'em will take care of it for like $100 (and i'm sure the ticket is for more than that, or close) usually they have a no point gaurantee too.
i.e. if you get points on your license you get your $ back
i have taken two tickets to a local "ticket defense team" and they both have gotten thrown out!
including paying $79 for one that was a $162 fine!!

that's my advice..lawyers are good for something after all

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 04:33 PM   #4
Try Me
Registered Member

That blows man.
Cops in Ottawa get drunk then run over kids with their cruisers, shoot innocent bingo patrons and harrace people out of jelousy for the car they drive - AND GET OFF SCOTT FREE 'CAUSE THEIR COPS.

I'd suggest going to points.
I've yet to be pulled over for a noisy exhaust or whatever, but let me tell you, the day i do it won't go over very well with the chief of police, my city counciller and anyone else i can write a letter to about the officers conduct.
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 09:36 PM   #5
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

When I lived in Maryland I had the same thing happen to me all the time at one point is was once a week. The cops here got real tough after two little Hondas went racing down a main road and one of them shot across the median hitting a innocent lady and her daughter head on, the lady died . I received so many tickets for my exhaust I couldn't count them on both hands, especially when I had them dumped once they got me over they would just go through the whole car asking where's the N2O or does this belong on the street, check my lights, wipers, etc.... I had one State Trooper tell me flat out he didn't like me car and was waitng for me to screw up. I am 23 years old and have been driving for 7 years and I have 1 point for spinning tires, I was right in front of the town police officer he pulled me over because he said he physically saw my tires spin, bull s*** the GT valance hides 90% of the tire and I would have to be a idiot to light'em up in front of a cop. GO to court and fight it, atleast try to get the point dropped, if he doesn't have you on radar then you have a real fighting chance, it's worth going. Sorry to vent

Gald I live in PA now, no emissions
Rick

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 10:50 PM   #6
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs down

stangman27, just b/c of the fact that you ask us should you fight the speeding ticket makes me question whether or not you are sure if you were speeding. Anyway, if you KNOW that you were not speeding, by all means FIGHT it (but if you're not, I wouldn't waste my time)! It is not your job in life to please cops. Bring up the issue about the radar detector and basically HOW he determined you were speeding. If anything, you need to be honest and don't back down.
If you win or lose, it'll make you a little wiser.

Rick 91GT, you can easily complain and get the cop in trouble (name and car #)if he makes a snide remark about not liking your car and says that he is waiting for you to screw up. It's not his job to make such comments. I would have LOVED to answer such a comment.

C'MON. YOU GUYS GOTTA KNOW YOUR RIGHTS A LITTLE BETTER IF YOU'RE GONNA DRIVE THOSE KIND OF CARS!

The thing about the legal system is that people will try their best to milk it-- yes EVEN the courts. If you don't bring up issues that favor your case or go against the cop's case, neither the judge nor the cop is gonna point them out (who do you think the money goes to when you pay a ticket???!!--the city, or state, depending on who pulls you over)

“…because, no one’s really gonna be free until nerd persecution ends.” ---Revenge of the Nerds

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!) (awaiting installation of 3.55s)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 11:43 PM   #7
2L8 ULUZ
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Holy chit! I got about two lines into your story and got a headache. ....say it together now..."Punctuation is our friend".

Periods. Their not just for literate people anymore.

...btw, I am sure your story was good, you are most likely right and should fight the ticket with every ounce of your strength.

------------------
1990 "7-up" Griggs prepped convertible, prepping for an AFR headed 347 this winter, and an S-trim in the summer.

[triumph]LS1's are incredible cars........for me to poop on[/triumph]

The insult comic car
2L8 ULUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 12:35 AM   #8
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Man something needs to be done about these Barney fye's that think their god, i mean why not go investigate some REAL criminals besides harrassing us?

when i was 16 i had a red 78 t/a, i wanted to take a ride when i first got it with my dad, and we had the cops pull up and say we were called on for driving fast through the neighborhood, and endagered kids, Pure BS!! cuz we didnt break a tire loose, damn neighbors are broke as$ haters!!

they hancuffed me in front of my mom, for a misdermeanor i didnt even know about? those SOB's,

im leaving, cuz i could talk about BS like this forever
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2001, 03:33 PM   #9
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

I know the guys name he lived in the same neighborhood as my parents. Now I live in PA they still all look but they can't do a thing about the look of my car since I have PA tags and I am totally legal in PA, I just smile and wave

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote