MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-29-2001, 08:45 PM   #1
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Angry Dealers...Arrrgh!

I've been following the Bullitt since it's introduction at SEMA last year, gathered some good information here (thanx everybody) and was stoked about actually selling my 92GT and buying one. Then I contacted a couple of dealerships via e-mail and those guys were clueless. After turning them on to everything I've learned about the car all they can do is come back with this huge line of BS about it probabaly being sold for 1500.00 to 5000.00 over MSRP because it's a collectible. So, let's see, 25,000.00 for a Deluxe GT + 3700.00 for the Bullitt package + say, 1000.00 for destination & dealer charges + 1500.00 = $31,200.00! I can buy a Cobra for less which is faster and actually less to insure than a GT according to my Farmers rep. These dealers are a bunch of f-ing idiots and retail is for suckers. As far as I'm concerned they can stick the Bullitt in a barrel, put it up to there heads and pull the trigger.
RAINSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 10:09 PM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I myself am not too knowledgable on the Bullit Stang, but I do know what you mean about uninformed dealers. There is nothing like asking a couple relatively easy questions to a sales person and all they can come up with is some BS to try to get you to buy the car. You would think that with all the down time these guys have that they would educate themselves on the models, options, availablities, etc.

If I do get some cheesy sales dude that hasn't got a clue, I usally just tell them I'm just looking and then find a new sales person and ask them the same question.

Sorry to ramble - My vote would be for you to stick with your 92GT and drop in a healthy new stroker motor!

E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe -37,800 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'

Pro-Charger D-1SC on the way!!!
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 06:46 AM   #3
S Howard
Registered Member

In Orlando it seems to me that salespeople I met are new. Ever look in the newspaper employment section? Seems that dealerships are always seeking salespeople. Granted I realize that there are some who take pride in what theys sell and are very knowledgeable but the ones I meet....... Also keep in mind the greater the attention the Bullitt recieves the higher the price tag ie the PT Cruiser--YUK!!!! The Ford Mall website opens soon and I seem to recall that you could order vehicles online. Bet you could avoid the severe dealership markup that way. What really pisses me off is that the new Ford dealerships here have fenced in the lot completely. You must now go through the building to look at cars. It's like you are trapped. Did I mention the cute female greeter?
S Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 07:21 PM   #4
87horsepower
Registered Member

Yeah, Greenway Ford and Autonation (Seminole) Ford scare me. There is no way i am going there to look at cars. Don Reid is still somewhat "open".
87horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 08:13 PM   #5
98yellow stang
Registered Member

Unhappy

Speaking of salesman that don't know jack. I was out at the local Ford dealer. The guy was trying to tell me that the new mustang has a brand new revolutionary setup.

Its called independant front suspension. WTF!

I just looked at him and said ahuh. Inside I was laughing my a$$ off. I always get a kick out of just going there and harassing the salesman. Good times

Then go and light em up in the parking lot hehe.

------------------
My 98 yellow stang

Mods:
Magnaflow cat-back
98yellow stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2001, 10:51 PM   #6
white99cobra121
Registered Member

when I got my cobra the salesman told me that it was supercharged, we had the hood poped and I was like, where.......he then reported to me that all cobras are supercharged, thats the difference in a GT and cobra, I laughed a little and told him to show me the supercharger. He came back later to tell me that his manager had informed him that it was not supercharged(what an idiot)
white99cobra121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 07:22 AM   #7
scott93gt
Registered Member

I know you guys are going to rip on me but I am a Ford sales consultant. I consider myself a professional in that I don't give BS answers to questions, if I don't know the answer I Know where to get it. I am not pushy and I don't use any of the "salesman talk". I have been selling for the same Ford dealer for 6+ years and I have a very loyal customer base.
If you will look in the "Bullitt" post here in this forum you will notice that I am one of the first to respond with accurate information.
A lot of people get into selling cars because they are between jobs and they never try to learn the product or how to treat people. I satrted the same way because I was laid off from being an aircraft mechanic for Lockheed Martin. I stay in the car business because I love cars and if you know how to treat people you can make a good living.
As far as dealers "surcharging" for special vehicles (T-Birds, Bullitts, etc...), the dealer I work for has made a statement... No one will charge over MSRP on any vehicle (even T-bird).
Not all car dealers are like the one I work for and I feel bad for that, but then again that is what makes our dealership outstanding.

I have two Bullitt Mustangs on order and if you want a deal on one and you don't mind driving cross country, let me know.

Let the thrashing begin.....

------------------
Scott93GT
1993 Mustang GT
Silver CC/Titanium Accent GT, Black Clothe interior.
5 speed, 3.08's, 3 chamber Flows, K&N, Hurst Competition Plus.

1991 F150 4x4 XLT Lariat
Six Stick Regular Cab LWB Tow Vehicle

scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 01:21 PM   #8
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

You sound like a good salesman. I too work for a dealership, a Caterpillar Dealership. Some of our salesman have the poor sales attitude. But there are some that not only know the machines, but care about the service done to the machine and what application the machine is in. This is the type of sales I want get in.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 09:19 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

man, go to priceline.com to buy a car. Bid your own price, and you bypass all the ******** dealer mind games, and extra charges.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 02:31 PM   #10
S Howard
Registered Member

scott93gt:
I meant no disrespect. As in all businesses there are those that actually care for the product and those that are driven by the $$. I wish all could have your positive attitude.
S Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2001, 06:41 AM   #11
scott93gt
Registered Member

S Howard,
No disrespect taken. I just want you (and others) to understand that not all dealers play games and that some are actually pretty nice people. As a salesperson, I am just trying to make a living, just the same as the computer programmer or investment banker or lawyer, etc. Dealers and salesman got a bad rap 20 years before I ever started selling cars and with so much information available to the consumers you either change with the times or become extinct.

Mach1,
Priceline is ok I guess, but did you know priceline faxes all your information to..... a dealer. The dealer then agrees to contact you giving you the best price. The last time I checked, no matter how you think you can buy a car you still have to go to the dealer for delivery.

The fact of the matter is that most people think dealers are trying to "stick it to them" because they have unrealistic expectations of: 1) what their car is worth, 2) what the dealer can actually sell the car for, and 3) how much the dealer is "making on the deal".
I wish I had $1.00 for every customer who said "That's all your giving me for my car??? I saw one just like mine advertised for $$$$$ more." Oh well, just keep in mind when you find a dealer that you like, the salesman is just trying to make a living.

------------------
Scott93GT
1993 Mustang GT
Silver CC/Titanium Accent GT, Black Clothe interior.
5 speed, 3.08's, 3 chamber Flows, K&N, Hurst Competition Plus.

1991 F150 4x4 XLT Lariat
Six Stick Regular Cab LWB Tow Vehicle

scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: