View Single Post
Old 01-31-2001, 07:22 AM   #7
scott93gt
Registered Member

I know you guys are going to rip on me but I am a Ford sales consultant. I consider myself a professional in that I don't give BS answers to questions, if I don't know the answer I Know where to get it. I am not pushy and I don't use any of the "salesman talk". I have been selling for the same Ford dealer for 6+ years and I have a very loyal customer base.
If you will look in the "Bullitt" post here in this forum you will notice that I am one of the first to respond with accurate information.
A lot of people get into selling cars because they are between jobs and they never try to learn the product or how to treat people. I satrted the same way because I was laid off from being an aircraft mechanic for Lockheed Martin. I stay in the car business because I love cars and if you know how to treat people you can make a good living.
As far as dealers "surcharging" for special vehicles (T-Birds, Bullitts, etc...), the dealer I work for has made a statement... No one will charge over MSRP on any vehicle (even T-bird).
Not all car dealers are like the one I work for and I feel bad for that, but then again that is what makes our dealership outstanding.

I have two Bullitt Mustangs on order and if you want a deal on one and you don't mind driving cross country, let me know.

Let the thrashing begin.....

------------------
Scott93GT
1993 Mustang GT
Silver CC/Titanium Accent GT, Black Clothe interior.
5 speed, 3.08's, 3 chamber Flows, K&N, Hurst Competition Plus.

1991 F150 4x4 XLT Lariat
Six Stick Regular Cab LWB Tow Vehicle

scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote