View Single Post
Old 02-06-2001, 06:41 AM   #11
scott93gt
Registered Member

S Howard,
No disrespect taken. I just want you (and others) to understand that not all dealers play games and that some are actually pretty nice people. As a salesperson, I am just trying to make a living, just the same as the computer programmer or investment banker or lawyer, etc. Dealers and salesman got a bad rap 20 years before I ever started selling cars and with so much information available to the consumers you either change with the times or become extinct.

Mach1,
Priceline is ok I guess, but did you know priceline faxes all your information to..... a dealer. The dealer then agrees to contact you giving you the best price. The last time I checked, no matter how you think you can buy a car you still have to go to the dealer for delivery.

The fact of the matter is that most people think dealers are trying to "stick it to them" because they have unrealistic expectations of: 1) what their car is worth, 2) what the dealer can actually sell the car for, and 3) how much the dealer is "making on the deal".
I wish I had $1.00 for every customer who said "That's all your giving me for my car??? I saw one just like mine advertised for $$$$$ more." Oh well, just keep in mind when you find a dealer that you like, the salesman is just trying to make a living.

------------------
Scott93GT
1993 Mustang GT
Silver CC/Titanium Accent GT, Black Clothe interior.
5 speed, 3.08's, 3 chamber Flows, K&N, Hurst Competition Plus.

1991 F150 4x4 XLT Lariat
Six Stick Regular Cab LWB Tow Vehicle

scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote