MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: Which Tire Would You Pick For A Daily Driver?
Poll Options
Which Tire Would You Pick For A Daily Driver?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #1
stangsrule
Registered Member

Question Tire Questions For Daily Driver

I am trying to decide which tires to go with on my 500hp daily driver. I have a handling suspension and have it lowered 1 1/2. I was going to get the Firestone Firehawk SZ50's but have been told they no longer make them. Is this true? I see the Tire Rack still has them but not sure for how long... I am also considering the Kumho ECSTA Supra 712's, the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW and the Yokohoma AVS ES100's.

I drive rain or shine so wet traction is important to me. I would also like some input as to what size would be best. I have stock Pony wheels and am currently running 245/45/16 and 245/50/16 Nitto DR in the rear. I am thinking about going with a decent handling tire all around this time. Any and all input/suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote