MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-29-2002, 09:08 PM   #1
foxbodied
Registered Member

Default Did you say 20 grand? ( kinda long)

Listen to this. In school a few weeks back(summer school). Had the worst time. In my class there was this kid. I asked him what kind of car he thought he was getting. He said...."well i only have 20 grand to spend on my first car". Only? Only? WTF? This kid is rich and his parents are buying him his car. I am not as lucky. But i dont mind cause i dont think i will apreciate my car if it wasnt my money that made it mine ya know what im saying? As with my dirt bike that i have i bought it my self and because of that it has kind of sedimental value. But back to the piont. This kid says..."I might get an elcipse,celica,or civic im not sure yet". If i had 20 grand.... id find a 5.0 and make it a street machine. So this kid got a smack across the face. Another kid in my class who doesnt fall for the ricer bull **** like me . Is getting a camaro. You all might think im lonely but i want to be the only person in school with a mustang. To be unique. Sorry got to thinking again and got pissed so i had to vent
foxbodied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 10:11 PM   #2
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Well, I wasn't the only kid to have a mustang in my school, but I was the only to have a foxbody. My senior year, I was the loudest system on base, till the end when my friend went out and got the biggest, badest be could get. I didn't even try to work on the motor because it was only a v6, perfect for school. Now my first car is getting a make over, and is going to be a v8. It went from a 4 cyl, to now doubling that.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 11:50 PM   #3
jj_jonathon
Trisket

i drove a v8 foxbody....i saw one other every now and then but ours was louder ....there was still a handful of giant redneck trucks (for all the hills in florida) and an el camino that were louder though...but the stang sounded sweet and deep...every now and then a kid would bring in an orange 69 (i think) camaro true SS...VERY nice car (his dad's) and it was the meanest of anything on campus......i loved seeing that thing everytime it was parked...hehe

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:07 AM   #4
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Ah those pesky rich kid ricers lol. i had the only V8 fox body at my high school. Everyone like to listen to it too hehehe.

Only problem was the rich kid with the 00 Camaro SS and my friend with a 68 Chevelle with a worked over 350 that ran a 13.6 at Carlsbad. Hey The Deuce or any other So-Cal guys I dont know if you have seen it before its an awesome car. Black with a 5 inch cowl hood and it is very loud. Shook the ground all the time driving around school It has 307 badges on the sides too hehe.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 01:11 PM   #5
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I wonder how many of us have been driving stangs since high school? I bought my first car in '92 when I was 16 after saving all the money I earned at McDonald's - it was an '84 LX 5.0 in pristine condition with only 75K miles on it. It was a stock AOD with CFI and 2.73 gears. I picked it up for $2650 and I still think it was the best deal I've ever gotten on a car. I was the only Fox V8 at my high school and the bad boy ran 15.7@87 all day long at Sears Point.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 02:38 PM   #6
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Ive had mine since High School!! But a i graduated last year

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote