MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Default Do these parts really work?

Im curious before i go and spend some money, I want to know what you guys think about the fallowing parts, if they work, how good they work, and if i should buy them?

1. 1 inch spacers
2. Cold air induction
3. Mach ram air kits
4. Throttle body spacers, the "tornado swirl" one
5. Venom High po chip

Get back to me on the list, you guys know more than i do about these parts. Thanks!
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Do these parts really work?

1) Yes, you'll pick up a little low/midrange torque, but top end performance may decrease a little. The idea behind the spacer is that you'll lengthen the intake runners. On an EFI car, long runners generally mean torque, and short runners mean hp. You already have a relatively long runner manifold so it's up to you. One other small bonus, the spacer will help keep your manifold ever so slightly cooler. I'm also not sure if a stock hood will close when you have a 1" spacer with a GT-40 manifold.

2) CAI kits help a little, though not much more than just removing the silencer and running a K&N or Accel filter. The main benefit for CAI is that a high performance conical filter placed in the engine bay can have issues with idle surge due to fan wash.

3) March ram air does nothing more than a CAI kit. In addition, the scoop is under the valance and it will tend to pick up debris and water.

4) T/B spacers work on the same general premise as intake manifold spacers. The tornado is junk. On a carbuerated car, maybe it would help. On an EFI car, you're not mixing air with fuel above the lower intake manifold. All that happens just before of the cylinder heads ports so a swirling device isn't going to do anything besides restrict flow.

5) As noted in your duplicate post, Venom chips appear to be useless for you. I certainly wouldn't use one.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: