MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2001, 03:38 PM   #1
stang_me
Registered Member

Question Do "they" make such a thing?

Before I start searching...Does anyone know
if you can buy a license place holder for the front of the car that doesn't require drilling holes? I will only be living in Illinois for a few more months and then will be relocating to a State that doesn't require
the dreaded front plate and I'd rather not
deface my care in that way. Or am I just dreaming?? Any help appreciated.

------------------
StangMe
stang_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 05:23 PM   #2
Tod
Registered Member

Welp, i live in ohio and i'm pretty sure it's a reguirement. cause some people i know have been stopped for not having one.

But here's the thing, i don't have one on my stang and never have. I've even been stopped, and the officer never mentioned it. And my dad has not had any on the front of any of his F250's(work truck) for about 20 years.(he's had a total of about 3 or 4 trucks) and he's NEVER been stopped for not having a licence plate in the front.

So just go without is what i say. it's not that big a fine, even if you would get stopped for it(um..as far as i know).
So just give it a go. you might wanna ask more people though heh.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 05:30 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

Just toss it on your dashboard. If it were me, I'd just grab a roll of duct tape......
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 06:15 PM   #4
stang_me
Registered Member

duct tape?? *LOL* Now that one I didn't think of. My husband was pulled over today while he was driving my car to Chicago and given a warning about it. The office told him people
who drive "cars like this" think its "cool" to not have it...hardly. We just don't want to tack up our cars & put holes in it.
stang_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 07:48 PM   #5
inferno
The Instigator

You can easily make the brackets yourself for about 3 bucks total cost if you have a vise and a drill. All you need is two pieces of metal about a 1/2 inch wide and about 6 inches long. You will also need four nuts and bolts....two have to be bigger than the holes on the top of the license plate. From here you should be able to figure the rest out, but if not, e-mail me and I will give full instructions on how to create the brackets.
inferno is offline   Reply With Quote