MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you drive a.... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=35946)

Miss Mischief 05-12-2003 10:14 AM

Stick Or Automatic?

To Me there is No choice in this matter if you wish to drive a true sports Car then you of coarse drive a stick. And If you also Drive a 4x4 and you actually depend on it off road there again is only one choice a stick.

Mach 1 05-12-2003 11:00 AM

For 4x4 I prefer an automatic.

Better for towing also.

later

Sicy Stang 05-12-2003 11:08 AM

Re: Stick Or Automatic?

Quote:

Originally posted by Miss Mischief
To Me there is No choice in this matter if you wish to drive a true sports Car then you of coarse drive a stick. And If you also Drive a 4x4 and you actually depend on it off road there again is only one choice a stick.
Gosh that doesnt really sound like an opinion. I dont think its fair to say there is no choice. And to say that automatics are not true sports cars. :rolleyes:

Topless In Texas 05-14-2003 01:22 AM

:) AOD's can run too!

There are alot of BADAS$ Stangs that can kick but that are AOD's.....Here is a CLASSIC example...my very good friend Eric...(RoadRunner).....
hes got a 10 second AOD....just takes the right person to know how to get it there! ;)
:)TNT :)

http://www.clickclickracing.com/main_00000b.html

pages 108-112.....

RBatson 05-14-2003 01:23 AM

You'd be better off with an auto in a 4x4 on the beaches around here. I don't think I'd really want a manual in a 4x4.

I have an auto in my mustang.. add a PI Stallion($700), a Lentech valve body($350) and a solid input shaft($189) and its better than a manual and you can shift gears like a manual without the clutch although... if I were to buy a new mustang then it would be a stick, it is fun and cheaper(than a built aod). For a serious car an auto is the only way to go IMO.

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 01:41 AM

The GT is a manual. The Torino is a C6, sadly.

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 01:43 AM

Re: Re: Stick Or Automatic?

Quote:

Originally posted by Sicy Stang
Gosh that doesnt really sound like an opinion. I dont think its fair to say there is no choice. And to say that automatics are not true sports cars. :rolleyes:
Basically, autos were made for old people and chicks.

Miss Mischief 05-14-2003 08:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Stick Or Automatic?

Quote:

Originally posted by FalconGTHO
Basically, autos were made for old people and chicks.
Yes defenetly Politcialy Incorrect, the Truth Is I am a Corner Carver Gears and Gas By Far are my method of madness. I No longer care for the strip give me curves so sharp you have to cut them with a knife. 4x4 in the Mid West, can You Say Mud and Lots of it It would be almost sucidaul to work some of even the Jaboree trails we use with and automatic i dont care what anyone thinks about the little Korean or Japaneese SUV 4x4's it comes down to this haveing good on off road traction being fast with the steering wheel and able to use high low and R on your rear end as well as front. The trucks that get stuck 75% of the time is an automatic the other 25% are 2 wheel drives with off road setups.

Sicy Stang 05-14-2003 12:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Stick Or Automatic?

*edited because I was mad earlier but now realize its not worth it

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 10:30 PM

LMAO~!!!!!

Sicy Stang 05-14-2003 10:36 PM

Yes I know you enjoy being rude :)

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 10:46 PM

So I say things you dont like and its rude?

Please....

Sicy Stang 05-14-2003 11:02 PM

Lots of people say things I dont like, its called a difference of opinion, and I have respect for that.

But I have none for you because of the way you say things. RUDE. Why dont you try stating your opinion like an adult instead of insulting people.

MissBlondie 05-14-2003 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sicy Stang
Lots of people say things I dont like, its called a difference of opinion, and I have respect for that.

But I have none for you because of the way you say things. RUDE. Why dont you try stating your opinion like an adult instead of insulting people.

Falcon this seems like the same thing I just told you. I know I speak for a few of us females atleast when I say you're making an awful lot of enemies here. Why don't you leave us alone!

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 11:05 PM

I stated exactly how I feel.

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissBlondie
Falcon this seems like the same thing I just told you. I know I speak for a few of us females atleast when I say you're making an awful lot of enemies here. Why don't you leave us alone!
And this comes from a person with "loved by many, hated by most"?

Sicy Stang 05-14-2003 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissBlondie
I know I speak for a few of us females atleast when I say you're making an awful lot of enemies here.
Indeed.

And as for your comment about her signature, I'm sorry but I dont see her insulting people on the board.

There's a thing called netiquette.. maybe you should look it up.

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 11:16 PM

Well it appears that "netiquette" means I dont get to state my views.

Ehh, Im the same, here, in person, anywhere.

MissBlondie 05-14-2003 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FalconGTHO
Well it appears that "netiquette" means I dont get to state my views.

Ehh, Im the same, here, in person, anywhere.

Well how bout this... you go be the same somewhere else, because you're doing nothing but harrassing and being rude to the people here!

FalconGTHO 05-14-2003 11:21 PM

LOL!

Ohh brother....:rolleyes: