View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 01:29 AM   #43
Mach 1
Registered Member

Default Re: I LOVE MY STICK!

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
Man, I love my stick! I love to downshift coming up to lights, cuz the exaust rumbles so much..also, its easier to lay into it from a dead stop. But, its hell on my cigarettes...gets ashes everywhere. I try to be careful...but it aint easy.

BUT...I like racing an auto at the track...its a no brainer, you dont have to think as much, having to watch the tach, watch where your going and shift at the same time. Just dont cover the break like its the clutch, I did that w/ Moms2K's at Cecil County, and shes like, "why are the brake lights on going down the track?" Still ran a 13 somthing though... duh!
TNT
Hey, whats up. That downshifting is a lot of wear and tear on your clutch. Just a suggestion, but its easier to replace brake pads than a clutch...just how much does hearing the rumble mean to ya.....

When I raced my automatic, i still had to watch the tach, watch where I was going and shift. I shifted mine manually though, and used the tach as a quide to shift points. My automatic was moddified for this type of abuse though.......anyway, Im rambling because Im bored......later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote