View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Do you hate your stang's previous owner???

I bought my favorite Mustang from a "Coca-Cola mechanic." The brakes seemed a little strange to me. "Nope, not a problem, just fixed them." The clutch seemed a little weak. "Nope, not a problem, just replaced it." Well, at least no rust on it, and it was a gorgeous blue 88 GT with the two tone gray ground effects.

Guess what? He installed the brakes wrong, didn't replace the clutch, it had a leaky water pump, the wiring was screwed up, and it had some pretty significant rust issues that were just covered up.

I'm used to it at this point. People have no shame these days, and I trust absolutely nobody when I go car shopping. They're all lying (from experience), and they're all trying to screw you. Dealers, private parties, it doesn't matter. I would much rather purchase a bone stock vehicle than with any modifications (hard on a Mustang) and I always always look it over in the daytime with a fine tooth comb. Furthermore, if I'm not buying from a dealer, the car goes to a shop to be checked out.

Oh, and my 87GT had the O2 sensors welded into a home made straight pipe setup as well. Been there. What a pita.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote