MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-19-2002, 12:07 AM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Doctor's and thier problems........

Ok, I have just about had it with these backwoods, *******, inbreed, f-ckin' community college doctors that think they know everything. My wife has been in labor for several days now, and all they can say is come back when your contractions are 3-4 minutes apart. The contractions she is having are severe enough that she has to stop doing whatever it is that she is doing, wether it's talking, walking, breathing, but they aren't quite the way the doctor's want them.

By the way, if any of you ARE doctors, I in no way, mean to include you in this category.

She is now 6 days over due. She was told a month ago by her regular doctor that in that particular case, they would not help her along, but if she came back that they would help her along with the labor, even if it means inducing. Well, we've been twice since then, still no baby. As I type this she is having some of the worse pain I have ever seen a human being take. And there's nothing that I can do besides raise hell and cause a ruckus.

Tonight it was all I could do to contain myself and not beat the living **** out of the "Resident Doctor". I couldn't even say anything, or I might have take out both of our frustrations on him.

I can't believe the incompetance of the local doctors here. I am in awe of the complete idiots we have here. I can't even finish this. I'm sorry. Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:55 AM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Well, in the last hour or so since the last post, I have called the hospital and talked to the releasing doctor, and we have come to the conclusion that she needs to be back in the hospital, at least for observation. (And pain medication)

Now, I just wondering what the hell I am doing on here instead of being on the road. Silly me. Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:00 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Exclamation 6 DAYS OVER DUE????!!!!!!!

NONONONONONONO.....they should NEVER let her go so far OVER DUE. usually a WEEK is max! you need to whip some ***** and tell them to induce. From what I remember, (been a while) your placenta starts to break down after aweek or so. I could be misinformed, but she should be ready!!!!!
I was in preterm labor w/ mine for 3 months and then ended up having to be induced anyways! it sucked.
If at all possible, I think you need to get her in there asap. They might put her on potocin and if need be, break her water. The potocin makes for a not so fun labor, have an anesthesiologist on hand....he will be her BEST FRIEND for a while!!!!! Ihope you get to go in tomorrow, and they admit her....
Please keep us posted as to what is going on!!!!! Good luck to you and to WhiteCobragirl!!!!!! AND CONGRATS!!!!!! I'll be thinkin bout ya'll and your little Stanger!!!! Take Care, Christine TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 06:59 AM   #4
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Kick there *** after they deliever the baby. Hope she made it fine and they delievered the baby. CONGRADULATIONS! Bet you made it in pretty quick time to the hospital.

Take Care,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 09:39 AM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Hello Baby!

bigwhitecobra:

Doctors can be idiots; you have to be assertive with them at times and take some control of the situation by not taking 'no' for an answer.

Hope your wife is O.K. and you have a healthy baby real, real soon.

Please keep us all informed.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:41 AM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

A simmilar thing happend to my brother and his wife. She was in labor, but the dotor just gave her a shot and sent her home. My mother insested that she go back to the hospitl. As she was packing her water broke..blah, blah, blah.

Next thing I know I'm in the back seat of my mom's Taurus with my dad doin 115 despartly trying to keep up with my brother.(blown GT). She almost had the baby in the car

Needless to say, Chris was NOT happy with the condition of his interior afterwards

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:55 PM   #7
Godslayer
Registered Member

Default ....

Bigwhitecobra.... I think you should relax. There is nothing wrong with a baby being overdue, especially 6 days. Topless, the placenta does not break down in utero. I don't know where you got that information. The placenta is very much intact when it is delivered. I wouldn't worry about the fact that the baby is overdue. The cause of your wife's pain is something different though. Pain should not be part of a post term pregnancy. Have they done an ultrasound?

As far as the pitocin comment, it is a labor inducing hormone. Very similar to the bodies own hormone, oxytocin, which produces uterine contractons during labor. They probably won't use any medication to force a delivery unless the baby is in jeopardy.

Don't worry about the baby at this point as long as it is healthy. It will deliver when it's time. And if it's her first, it can be a little rough. They need to find out what is causing your wife's pain.
Old 03-19-2002, 09:23 PM   #8
srv1
Get down.....

GODSLAYER, you best not want to wear your ski mask to work if you are studying to become a doctor, or if you are already in the field. just my 2 cents....
Old 03-19-2002, 10:42 PM   #9
Godslayer
Registered Member

Default nah,....

I'm just a paramedic, but I'm thinking about going to med school.
I wear my mask when I ride around in the ambulance
Old 03-19-2002, 10:57 PM   #10
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

I dunno. I just remember hearing that over the years...that It can possibly happen. And that it can be dangerous. But you should know that info better than me.
I was given pitocin and I had a horrible labor. Now that WhiteCobraGirl has delivered, I'll tell...
I was induced on Pitocin in the evening. and finally at bout dinner time the next day, they had to break my water. Turns out Caitlin had the cord around her neck. She wouldn't come out. For 2 1/2 hours and her heartrate kept dropping and I was in misery. I wont go into any detail on that. They had to cut the cord off her neck and I was begging for a c-section,(didnt get one! ) and when she was born she only rated a 4 on the APGAR and was purple/grey and couldn't cry. She was on monitors all night and i didn't get to hold her till the next day. It was very scary. thank God she turned out to be Perfect!!!
I'm glad all went well for you BWC. It a very uncertain time no matter how many times you go thru it.....for me its only been once! Congrats.....TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:19 AM   #11
Godslayer
Registered Member

Default well...

Like they say TIT, anything can happen. I'm glad your daughter made it out okay.