MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-23-2001, 04:11 AM   #1
stng87
Registered Member

Unhappy Dont quite know what to think of this

Today i saw a car next to me that had cobra badges on the fenders so i was like,
"a cobra!" But when i saw its headlights i noticed that something was wrong with them, they seemed too long and narrow. So the "cobra" turns out to be a thunderbird. This perplexes me. Why?
Any way i guess its kinda ok cause its a ford but still. And far better then the 80s style totally riced out civic that was sporting 5.0 badges with stock civic engine.

------------------
1987 black with t-tops. Cobra intake, 1.7 cobra crane rollers, gt40p's, bbk shorties, off road h-pipe, Holley adj. fuel pressure regulator, Tremec t-5z, 65mm TB, 4.10's, adj cable, 155lph fuel pump, Ram clutch kit, 3 row motorsport radiator,
275-60-15 BFG TA's on Welds, Hurst shifter,Former AOD Semper Fi
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 07:15 AM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Unhappy

If you think that's bad I know a guy that works at a dealership with a V6(non Super Coupe) T-bird, with a body kit, fake chrome Cobra R's, and dual exhaust, an R hood, and he swears that it's a SVT T-bird.
It may have the updated suspension, and such, but come on.....an SVT T-bird? I only wish they made it. Silly man.
Later.
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 11:12 AM   #3
Coupe Devil

It's no secret the super coupe is a decently fast car. I guy here in my town put a blown v-6 out of a super coupe in a late 80's lx Mustang. He never got it going but the installation looked real good. he had problems with the computer and stuff so he yanked it and opted for a 302 but can you imagine the power.

I would have to say it would faster than a stock gt but i'm not sure. When I had my 90 lx 5.0 5 speed i got waxed by a super coupe. granted My car was stock but I would toy with the idea of doing it myself if I had the resorces.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), 89' 4banger in prep for all out drag car. Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover. Future Mods granatelli lift bars, bbk uppers, Flex-a-lite elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p., built c-4 or c-6, e-303, 10 inch wheels in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, pulleys, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, custom headers, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, roll cage
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 07:23 PM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

The SuperCoupe was a 15 sec car in the quarter. It weighed in around 3700lbs, and had a rated 210hp@4000rpm and 315lb/ft@2600rpm. Those numbers differ little from the 5.0HO in the Mustang's those years, and the SuperCoupes had an extra 500lbs+ that they were toting around. If you got smoked by one either it wasn't anywhere near stock, or your 5.0 had problems.

That being said, if it wasn't for the horror stories I've heard about the reliability of those cars, I might consider picking one up.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 01:38 PM   #5
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I think people like that are rediculous. I can understand the motivation to make your car faster, or look better, but to put badges on it and label it as something that never existed is just retarded.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote