MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-02-2003, 11:31 PM   #1
PKRWUD

Default Drive-By Roasting

According to a report made Christmas Day, one man has found a fast, new and efficient way to cook a turkey if you're running late. Josh Harper overslept on the holiday and was in charge of cooking the Christmas bird. Pressed for time, Harper decided to wrap his turkey up, along with some vegetables, in silver foil and place it on the engine of his car as he drove the 90 miles to his girlfriend's house. What seemed like a far-fetched idea turned into a piping hot meal that was ready to eat when he arrived. Harper commented, "I couldn't believe how well it worked. The spuds were a little firm, but the turkey was done to a treat." While it worked for Harper, making dinner on your car engine is not recommended.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 11:42 PM   #2
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Had a can of ABC's burst on a Army truck motor like that. The smell wasn't so bad except when a rat burned up trying to eat it. Rat taste like chicken.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:11 AM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

I've actually seen this on one of those old car shows. Forget what kind of car, but they had chicken wrapped in aluminum foil cooked on the headers. They said it worked fine, and was a fun way to have a hot meal once you reached the end of the cruise.

Just make sure you don't have an exhaust leak.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #4
MEDIK418
Registered Member

A can of pork-n-beans, a gasoline powered 5 ton generator truck manifold = ten thousand little pieces of shrapnelbeans and the s**t is HOT when it lands on you.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:55 AM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking hehhe......

YEARS AGO...when I was into the Harley thing before the Stang Thang...we rode out to one of our Trips to Gulfport, Miss. for the Harley Drags....We did the "McGyver" thing, and cooked weenies, in the Hotel room w/ my blowdryer....YUM-YUM! It really worked....FYI if your ever in a bind!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:09 AM   #6
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Thats pretty creative. He gets an E for effort. I'm thinking that had to be one small engine or one small bird.

Caymon
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:37 AM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

One night a couple years ago I was at Lake McConaughy camping in a tent. I got hungry; but luckily we had a cooler in the tent with us. Had some semi-frozen hot dogs left, but that's it. I had already put out the campfire, so all I had was a book of matches.

Lesson #1: When the flame starts getting close to your finger, blow that f'er out even though you're determined to get that damn hot dog warm.

Lesson #2: The combined smell of magnesium, hot dogs, and finger nails is not very pleasant.

Lesson #3: A book of cheap matches you get from hotel rooms isn't enough to thaw out a semi-frozen hot dog.

Moral of the Story: Nonexistant. Just get a lighter if you're ever in this situation.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 02:58 AM   #8
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
One night a couple years ago I was at Lake McConaughy camping in a tent. I got hungry; but luckily we had a cooler in the tent with us. Had some semi-frozen hot dogs left, but that's it. I had already put out the campfire, so all I had was a book of matches.

Lesson #1: When the flame starts getting close to your finger, blow that f'er out even though you're determined to get that damn hot dog warm.

Lesson #2: The combined smell of magnesium, hot dogs, and finger nails is not very pleasant.

Lesson #3: A book of cheap matches you get from hotel rooms isn't enough to thaw out a semi-frozen hot dog.

Moral of the Story: Nonexistant. Just get a lighter if you're ever in this situation.
You got kicked out of the Scouts too, huh?

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

lol Now that this secret has been let out, every guy across the nation will be doing this.

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY

Why didn't you just start a fire with the matches?

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 05:09 PM   #10
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
ROFL!!!
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:37 PM   #11
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
I thought that would be too much work, and unnecessary just to heat up the hot dog. Who'da thunk?

6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote