View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 03:02 AM   #1
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default A Explanation of Myself, and an Open Invite to All...

I recently recieved a PM from a Mustangworker conveying to me the fact that he has received several PMs centered on the subject that...I am a biatch. (sorry for the respelling, but I really thought female dog sounded pretty lame...)

I've always attempted to offer sincere advice to my fellow Mustangers, and this both disappointed and saddened me deeply. I suppose, 1# for the fact that although my posts may sometimes seem harsh, I only mean to help the person that is requesting a response, and #2 that in the time that it took to relay this opinion to someone else, it could easily have been brought to MY attention, since of course...it is concerning ME

I hope that from now on, if anyone feels a pressing issue with either my attitude or one of my posts, they will come to ME with the concern. I am open to debate and constructive criticism always, because I can always learn about myself from others...however this becomes impossible when things are said on the down low, and in a high school girl manner behind my back...

The message also advised me that I try too hard to protect "what's right" from "what's wrong". I guess I've been through sooo many negative experiences that I've learned from...and when I see someone I care about on this forum going through the same stuff, I get so adamant about trying to show them what's going on, because I wish so badly that someone had been there to help ME when I was down in the dumps. I've made SO many countless mistakes going down the road of trying to figure out who I am, that all I ever wanted to do was to maybe save someone else from doing the same exact thing.

I've always heard from unhappy men about how they wish women would stop beating around the bush, and be upfront with how they feel, and what they mean. So, I always tried to never misrepresent myself, and make sure that my feelings were clearly understood. Apparently, this is not as desirable as I once imagine...kinda like telling your best friend she looks like a whale in her prom dress.

Fine. I will no longer comment on any relationship or gender-related thread. I only wanted to give people my view on a topic, as I enjoy reading the responses of others, regardless of whether or not I agree with them.

I understand that not everyone appreciates the blunt approach when it concerns a personal matter. I empthasize...but how shall I know to shut up...if no one tells me? The only person that has ever been honest with me is Mercury, and since he has confided in me how he feels about my responses, I will never answer another of his posts in a harsh manner...seems pretty easy huh...

Ask, and you shall receive.

Sincerely yours, Belle.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote