MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2002, 02:57 PM   #41
C Pony Go
Registered Member

????

sorry for over stepping my newbie status....

Moderator-Mustang Central

My car-C Pony Go
my board-Visit Here
C Pony Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #42
StangFlyer
Founder

Belle - As usual, Mr 5 0's original comments offer great wisdom and guidance. He also has a lot of great experience to share with a balanced view in the posts he makes offering advice - even beyond general car stuff.

Some times being blunt with your viewpoint can come off as being a prick (for a guy) or a you know what (for a lady), which is hard to avoid when you express your viewpoints bluntly/strongly only using text at times. But, with a well thought out post and careful wording it can be done.

In the past I've spoken with you quite a bit, and so I know you are generally a friendly person. Maybe blunt, but that's ok when done without malice.

Mean81GT - When Mr 5 0 talks I don't feel like my father's around, but I sure do wish I was as wise... I am an intelligent person, but I'd like his worldly wisdom to add to that now too, instead of having to gain it slowly over the next 20 years; if, in fact, I am even lucky enough to gain it even then. When he speaks, I listen. His well balanced advice, excellent wisdom, and fair minded sense of justice is why I put him in charge of the Message Board quite some time ago now.

Geee - what a brown nosing post, huh?! ahahahaha But hey, that's ok, I'd plug anyone the same that's also earned my respect as he has.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:41 PM   #43
SilverPoet
Registered Member

Having lurked here for a goodly quanity of time, I'd have to say that I admire most of your posts, Belle, basically because they have a freakin' opinion, and not only that but one that usually has basis to back it up. Even if I may not agree with you in the future, I would say that I respect opinions in general, because that is what "sharing varying opinions" is.

As for that nice "B" word, that's generally used by people who are intimidated a woman, and I wouldn't give it another thought.
SilverPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:47 PM   #44
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Red face Aw Shucks

Dan:

I'm blushing but I certainly appreciate the complimentary remarks.

Thank you.
Old 01-19-2002, 04:46 PM   #45
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Before you all get the wrong idea....It wasnt me that called her a nasty name. I'm innocent.

Mustang Belle, and to the others.

My PM to Belle (Thank you Belle, you know what for.) was not really to be harsh (Although I know it came off that way.), but to inform her as to why I'm the way I am, in concerns with relationship difficulty.

I dont harbor hard feelings towards her. I'm happy she's engaged, and wish her and him well. I hope she continues to be as happy.

Congrulations Belle. I'm Happy for you.

Oh, and things are pretty much in the dark still with Marya and me. Dont know whats going on there. I'm just taking it easy, and letting things play out, like some people advised. See I do listen to you all. I just had to figure out what you all ment.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 05:45 PM   #46
70_Nitrous_Eate
Registered Member

Exclamation

Belle:

While I've never had a problem with you or anything you've said, I can see how some others would.

When you start off a reply with
Quote:
At first I wasn't even going to reply to this ignorant post, or any of the others...but why
To me that isn't blunt, that's biatch. It's not like the thread was any different than any of the other "anti-ricer" threads out there. Honestly, I think it was ignorant of you to call the post (and thus it's poster) ignorant.

Having said that: I've seen a hellova lot worse, I'm glad you're here, and don't want you to leave for a second. TTFN
70_Nitrous_Eate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:50 AM   #47
PKRWUD

I feel kinda like I missed a few threads here and there. I haven't read anything from you (Belle) that I would take as harsh, and I'm kinda surprised by this whole thread, but that's just me. The first year I was here, I loved a good arguement. I lived for them. But, after the many pages of opinions and so forth that came about regarding Harley's and helmets in a more recent thread, I've decided the time spent dragging them out is wasted. If I have info to share on a topic, I will, but I have been trying pretty hard to avoid participating in flame wars. Sometimes that means not rereading a thread. Merc started a thread about giving a girl a ride in his car one night, and the replies started to get ugly. Rather than argue and call people names, I just stopped reading it. Things I said were taken out of context, but explaining it wasn't worth the time. I'm no pro at relationships, and find sharing my experiences a little difficult most of the time, but again, that's just me.

I hope you'll continue to do exactly what you've been doing.

As for anyone I upset, I hope you'll take it up with me, too.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 04:09 AM   #48
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Wow thanks for ALL the great comments and opinions guys! I've been away for the weekend (as usual to Jersey hehe) and came back to FORTY SIX replies wowsers!

I just wanted to clarify a few things to wrap this baby up. The PM was actually from a good friend, who like myself is VERY blunt, and expressed concern that I seemed grouchy and confrontational, and was wondering if something was wrong, The part about complaints and name calling was also in the PM, but not on his part.

The reason I started this thread was not to suggest that I am going to change who I am, or stifle my views that I am passionate on, but just to express that I am open to anyone who would like to talk to me ABOUT me, or about anything they'd like.

I also see the good point about quoting others, but 9 times out of 10 I'm doing it because I'm too darn lazy to retype what someone else has already said Overall, I basically intend to just check that my post reflects what I REALLY mean, and doesn't come across any other way besides the way I truly feel. Again, I'm really proud to be part of a message board that appreciates the opinions of everyone, and is open to discussion, even debate.

Look forward (as always) to posting with all of you
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 04:09 AM   #49
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
sorry for over stepping my newbie status....
Eeh, Don't worry about it, I like that. Gives me something to do.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote