MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-08-2001, 03:13 PM   #1
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Post F*#$!@ CATS!!

One of these freaking THINGS decided to crawl up onto my hood, on to the roof and then down the hatch, if that wasn't bad enough it did it on both sides!!! There are small scratch marks EVERYWHERE! I already have a key mark on the driver side and a huge mark on the hood. I NEED a paint job and can't afford it anytime soon. If I EVER see ANY cat in my parents yard again i'm getting the Easton out.

I'm hoping a lot of these scatches might come off if I wax it. How often can you wax the car? I waxed it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it's rained about 4 or 5 times since then. Will it be ok to go ahead and wax it again? I guess I need to buy a cover for my car for when I'm at my parents. Now I have a flat tire and lots of scratches, i'm starting to get depressed about my car... my extra money I was going to do mods with fell through so doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do anything with it for a while... maybe I should get a new car..

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 03:39 PM   #2
smithbling
Registered Member

I recommend the Easton Edge softball bat. It will send the cat hurling down the 1/4 @ 120+ mph or cleanly take the cat's head right off!(j/k).

------------------
C ME FLY

88 coupe
14.75 @ 98 mph
Traction Limited

smithbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
97snakedriver
Registered Member

My neighbor's cat used to like to sleep on my hood...

The all time worst cat/car story happened to a guy I know. He was driving a late 70's Corvette. He tried to start it up one cold morning, and it made the most horrible noise you can imagine.

He opened the hood and found that a cat had crawled up in there to keep warm and sleep. When he tried to start the car, the cat got stuck in the drive belts... Neither the car or the car survived...

Now that's gross.

------------------
AIM: Some97Snake
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 04:02 PM   #4
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Haha serves the cat right although too bad for the car. So should I go ahead and wax it again or is it too soon?

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
Old 01-08-2001, 06:09 PM   #5
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

Go ahead and wax it. It won't do anything bad. One time a cat climbed in through the window of my dad's van and sprayed every where! The van stunk like he11 for ever. I found the cat though Light Em Up!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 08:48 PM   #6
pro88
Registered Member

To take those marks that damn cat left on your car, go and get a good cleaner/polish from a automotive paint supplier. They usually carry the good stuff. If you have a high speed buffer, take a little of the cleaner wax, turn your buffer to around 1400 rpm and massage the area with it. You should see your scratch disappear. Now if it's a dark colored car, you're going to want to buy a "swirl eliminator". Use your buffer and only run it around 1000 rpm and use light pressure, move the buffer around the area not letting the paint heat up in the area your working on, or else you'll end up with more swirl marks. Swirl marks are caused by heating up the paint with a buffer. You should only wax your car 2-3 times a year. But you can polish it anytime you want. The reason why you don't want to wax all the time is because after a while you'll get a big wax build up and your finish will dull out. About every 2 years take some wax/grease remover (available at auto paint store) and wipe your whole car down before you wax it. You see a huge improvement on the shine of your car.
pro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 08:58 PM   #7
fastang
Registered Member

I have an easton, but its not a baseball bat, its an aluminum hockey stick. Give the cat a slapshot to the nuts and keep your car. For gods sake dont sell it....its got longtubes and gears on it!

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, K&N, off road pipes, ADS chip, pulleys, msd coil,9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 09:40 PM   #8
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Sell the car and buy an LS1. They don't scratch!

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 10:11 PM   #9
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

***K the Baseball bat. Get a BB gun or a .22!!! I hate cats!!!

By the way pro88 had good advice, but if you don't have a wheel(buffer) with adjustable speed you should be able to do it by hand as well. It'll just take longer. Don't use a cheap wheel with only two speeds(usually high and higher).

Meguiars and 3M make great products for cars and boats. I've used both on both and they work damn well. Good Luck.

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, March pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 10:15 PM   #10
Five0
Registered Member

I had a cat get in through my window of my 88 gt I used to own, I had a box with 2 15's in the trunk and the cat destroyed one of the subs. I caught the cat the next day and feed it to my snake; no more cat problems.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
Best 1/8 time on motor 7.686 @90.20mph
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 11:41 PM   #11
rbatson

I had a local cat that liked to walk my car every night, it seemed. Once I got the alarm with motion detection on it I've noticed I don't see the paw marks anymore. It must scare the crap out of the cat.

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 01-08-2001).]
Old 01-09-2001, 02:14 AM   #12
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hmm well my grandpa has a buffer but it's only 2 speeds. I think I just will try it by hand. Wish I had a snake to put in my yard to eat cats.

------------------
Old 01-09-2001, 02:46 AM   #13
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

We have like 13 cats here, but two of them are ours, screw the easton how's about a mossberg? well i learned to live with the muddy paw marks on my roof and hood.

Im hoping i will never find any scratches, i'll be pissed.

oh, and i've seen these cats spray my wheels, those bastards are gonna get fed to a rotweiler if they keep it up.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 03:03 AM   #14
AxemanZZ
Registered Member

Please don't harm the cat. That's animal cruelty. How would you like it if you had no idea what you were doing wrong and someone smacked you with a baseball bat for doing it?

There are two cats that sleep on my car and I haven't seen any signs of scratches yet, but my car needs a paint job anyway so i don't worry too much. Get yourself a car cover then you and the cat can be happy.

As for EZRIDN's comment about buying an LS1...
No, the paint doesn't scratch. It flakes off and leaves these nasty looking bare spots all over the car. This knowledge is based on experience. Although it was not an LS1, it was a Chevy.

------------------
90 Mustang LX 5.0
My Ride*My Site
AxemanZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 04:36 PM   #15
Try Me
Registered Member

Mosseberg? L.O.L!

Those little paw prints, the kind that have those little particles of sand and sh*t in them that scrath oh so well on a car, a sports car no less is f*cking gross.

I want to vomite thiking about it. And the more i think about it, the closer i reach for the keys to the diesel wood chipper.

Waxing it should work. Just be conciencious when buying car soap. Also, i always throw my wash mit in the washer to make sure all the debris is gone.

Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 05:32 PM   #16
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Dish washing soap removes wax from your car. Wash with it, then re-wax your car.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 07:21 PM   #17
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Dishwashing soap really removes wax? That's all my dad ever washes his car with.... One time washing with it will take off all the wax?

------------------
Old 01-09-2001, 07:23 PM   #18
fastang
Registered Member

ok dont use a baseball bat or a hockey stick, use a one wood. That way it wont be cruel because he will die instanly...or you could just have the cat de-clawed.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, K&N, off road pipes, ADS chip, pulleys, msd coil,9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
Old 01-09-2001, 07:49 PM   #19
teal93LX
Registered Member

aww come on you guys, ease off the kitties!!!i LOVE cats..and not to sound like some hippy homo democrat, children and animals are really the only innocent ones in life..
may i suggest taking your easton over to the owner of the cats house and kindly letting them know they should keep that cat indoors!
after all, if someones kid is over your house and shits himself all over your nice new rug, you're not gonna beat the kid are you?
that poor cat is innocent..
and besides, if some sociopathic cat lover sees you beating that cat, he might decide to pop a few rounds in ya..i would. .he he

i do feel bad for you, and i'd be mighty pissed to, but come on..leave kitty alone... it doesnt know any better

thats my good deed for the day, i guess i dont have to walk granny accross the street

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2001, 08:42 PM   #20
fastang
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Ok, you are pleading with people to be nice to "kitties" meanwhile your sig says that you are waiting for relatives to DIE so you can have MONEY for MODS for your car!?! WTF! And if you saw someone whacking a cat that phucked up thier car you would shoot them?! Your right, the only innocents in this world are the animals and the children...grow up. I cant stand violence against animals either, and my previous posts were jokes, not to be taken seriously. If I saw someone whack a cat with a baseball bat I would get very angry and probably kick thier *** , but I sure as hell wouldnt shoot them.