MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-31-2001, 06:56 PM   #1
90'5.0 Conv
Long time member in and out

Angry Why are chevys basicly all the NHRA pro

Look, I love fords, never had any serious problems with them. Right now I have a 2000 Ford F150 and a 90 mustang conv. I just wanna know why everyone who races in the NHRA pro stock division is running everything but FORDS. This really pisses me off because personally I don't see why FORD could not compete in this class. Honestly someone tell me the deal. Whats wrong with us?
90'5.0 Conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:15 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

It takes a lot of money to run an NHRA pro-stocker. Actually, there's Butch Patrick, he runs a Ford pro stock car. Unfortunately, he never qualifies. That's why you never see him. A few seasons ago Ford decided to drop sponsorship of NHRA and focus on NASCAR. However, the winningest driver in NHRA history was Bob Glidden. He drove Fords and he built his own engines. His record was recently beaten by John Force. I don't feel it is the same though. Bob built and dialed in his own cars while Force does nothing but drive. Without his crewchief he's nothing. Force doesn't have the same skills as Bob did. Bob's son is kicking butt in the NMRA world though. Anyways don't feel bad. Racing a FORD is unique, and it's cool when you beat a chevy. Remember, Chevy's are like buttholes, everybody has one and they're all the same!

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 01:55 AM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

well in the past when gillden was still racing. The pro stockers used nitrous to run the numbers they did. gilden refused to do it and couldn't compete any more. Billy his son showed everyone how they where hidding the nitrous and bob did speak to billy for like a year. Right now nobody runs a ford becuase they don't have the backing. A competive ford could be built if they had the backing and the money.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 07:24 PM   #4
n20lx
Registered Member

It comes down to bang for the buck. Ford figured out it could try to support a handful of unsucessful drivers or throw money at Force & get big time exposure. I haven't seen much IHRA recently, but there used to be quite a few Fords.
n20lx is offline   Reply With Quote