MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Father in Hospital... WONT Be around much for a WHILE (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32920)

Coupe Devil 01-07-2003 11:13 AM

Father in Hospital... WONT Be around much for a WHILE

Father had a siezure at work saturday. After being at two hospital's, speaking with a couple Neurosurgeons, and taking god knows how many tests weve discovered he has a tumor in heis head. Its not attached to his brain, but its attached to the main artery that feeds blood to the brain and also attached to the Optic nerve of the left eye. He's actually in surgery right now but I had to get out of the hospital for a while. He's not going to be able to drive for atleast a year... That means no work. Suddenly priorities have changed from finding parts for the car to getting a few jobs, and trying to get some bills paid. just letting everyone know. If you email me it will be days atleast it at all before I will be able to reply, wont be around much for a while. So if you notice me gone, everyone will know where I am

Thanks Mustangworks.

Bradley Jones

PKRWUD 01-07-2003 11:44 AM

God, Brad, I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do, including just listen, don't be afraid to ask. You guys will be in my thoughts.

Take care,
~Chris

andy669 01-07-2003 12:48 PM

Brad, I hope your dad pulls through.
Take care.

Andy

MissBlondie 01-07-2003 01:00 PM

Aww I'll be praying for your father and you... Hope he gets well... I know I really don't know you but I always have an ear to listen. Take care

~Jill

LayanRubr 01-07-2003 01:48 PM

Mustangworks is here for yah man.

mustangII460 01-07-2003 05:51 PM

Its always sad to hear that someone has fallen ill.

I know im not alone in saying this, we will pray for the best, for you and your family.

Fox Body 01-07-2003 06:13 PM

Hey Brad, sorry to hear this man. I'll keep you, your dad, and your family in my prayers. We're here behind you man hoping for your dad's full recovery and great results from surgery.

joe4speed 01-07-2003 09:43 PM

You're in my prayers, man, I hope it all goes well, and you get through this tough time quickly!!!!

Crazy Horse GT 01-07-2003 09:47 PM

man brad that sux man, sorry to hear it, your family will be in our prayers. :(

01-07-2003 10:04 PM

Prayers are with your Family.

Hey Brad,

My prayers are with you and your family. I have walked in your shoes and feel your fear! Hang in there. We're here when you need us!

~Jenn~

:(

jj_jonathon 01-07-2003 10:37 PM

Keep thinking positive. You'll be in my thoughts.

Jonathon

Coupe Devil 01-07-2003 11:08 PM

Thanks for the kind words folks. Im just at home taking a break tonight. I had to get out of there. He had surgery today. Came through good, just takign a long time to wake up. Slowly starting to respond to the family talking to him and such.. squeezing hands and stuff. Doc says if all goes well he should be able to come home sunday.. ( too soon I think But hes the professional)... so we will see what happens.. Just looks like priorities have changed.

Bradley

HotRoddin 01-07-2003 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Coupe Devil
Just looks like priorities have changed.

Bradley

They tend to do that from time to time ... Don't worry, you'll be back to looking for Mustang parts in no time. We'll will it to be so !!!
Positive waves my friend ... nothing but positive waves :)

bigred90gt 01-08-2003 11:50 PM

I feel ya dude. I freaked out when my old man had his heart problems. He is my best friend and my dad, just like I'm sure yours is. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts. Best of luck.

Caymon

fiveohpatrol 01-09-2003 12:24 AM

Brad, you know I'm a pathetic loser and am on AIM all the time, so I'm there if you ever wanna talk.

Hang in there bud,

-drew

Coupe Devil 01-11-2003 04:13 PM

Just an update. Dads doing really well. Doctors say that the peak of swelling after a surgeryis after 72 hours. The surgery was tuesday so that put the 72 hour mark at 3 pm thursday afternoon.. Wednesday mornign doctor told us that dads swelling had already came and went. Hes slowing regaining use of his left side. Eating more solid foods now. Still not opening his right eye. Doctors say that may take months to relearn how to open it. BUt he can see fine out of both eyes if he will open his right eye lids with his hand. So everything looking good. Want to thank everyone who sent get well wishes and for all the prayers. Its obvious that they were used well this time.

Thanks again
Bradley

joe4speed 01-11-2003 05:56 PM

good to hear this, I hope it keeps going in a positive direction! :)

Crazy Horse GT 01-11-2003 10:23 PM

good news brad, glad to hear it, odie & me are still praying, tell your dad get better. good luck man. :)