MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The FATTEST city in the U.S. Care to take a guess??? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32917)

Topless In Texas 01-07-2003 03:12 AM

The FATTEST city in the U.S. Care to take a guess???

LOL.....
Well, I saw this and could not resist. Check out the article and the runners up! lol! Just wanted to share my JOY! :rolleyes: :)
:rolleyes: TNT:rolleyes:

http://content.health.msn.com/conten...e/57/66201.htm

hope the link works!!! :confused:

Guess they dont consider going to an outdoor car show all day, drinking beer and making dinner plans and 'outdoor activity???'
:rolleyes:

HotRoddin 01-07-2003 03:29 AM

Well having been born in East Tex, i can certainly understand why they are fatter there than here in So Cal !!! You go to a swap meet in East Tex and they're serving slow smoked brisket and home made pies .... you go to a swap meet out here and you get a hotdog thats growin hair and its kinda turnin green and they're chargin you 5 freekin dollars for it (although you do get a completely flat coke with it for only $2.50!!!) lol Its no wonder they're fatter down there :D

cyberstang5.0 01-07-2003 08:07 AM

We have the most restraunts per capita in the US and our city is so spread out, you can't walk anywhere. No wonder why were number one :rolleyes:

Honolulu is the fittest city. Come on, who wants to see fat ppl on the beach? :D

PKRWUD 01-07-2003 11:37 AM

That was on the evening news the other day, and I must say, I was surprised. I didn't know it was the 3rd year in a row until I read the article you posted. The news report said Los Angeles was #22 on the fittest list, which I found surprising as well. They attributed the problem in Houston to the fact that it also has the worst air quality in the nation, but if that were true, than L.A. shouldn't have been on the fittest list at all. Granted, the air quality in L.A. has improved dramatically, but it's still pretty bad. It's also a very spread out city, which makes me think the humidity must have something to do with it. Then again, it's pretty humid in Hawaii, and they were the fittest. Must be the food.

Now I'm hungry.

:)

Take care,
~Chris

1969Mach1 01-07-2003 02:45 PM

lol that is crazy. =)

I seen on TV a few years ago how Philidephia was trying to loose so much weight as a whole town. You signed up for a program where you weighted yourself at a weighing station and then went back after a few months to see how many pounds you lost and they did this with whoever wanted to participate in the city to see how much weight they could loose. It was a really good idea, and pretty cool. =)

§am.

MissBlondie 01-07-2003 02:49 PM

Hmmm Chicago is #2 haha... I don't understand that... You have to walk everywhere you wanna go in the actual city of Chicago... people should be more fit... and with the lake... hmmm:confused: glad I'm not from Texas though... heheee :p

D7M8 01-07-2003 03:27 PM

Wow, I would have never thought that Houston would be a FAT city. Maybe, Lexington or Raliegh (Sorry). The things we learn...

01-07-2003 03:32 PM

The way I always look at it,you only live once so indulge on what you love :D

SinisterSN95 01-07-2003 03:56 PM

wooo hooo! go chicago!

i'm off to mc donalds for a 2 for 2 1/4 Pounder :D Maybe we can be 1 next year :D

MissBlondie 01-07-2003 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SinisterSN95
wooo hooo! go chicago!

i'm off to mc donalds for a 2 for 2 1/4 Pounder :D Maybe we can be 1 next year :D

Hey I'm from Chicago too, where are you at?? :D

~Jill

Rev 01-07-2003 05:24 PM

Super size?

I'd like a chicken fried steak with french fries and a Dos Equis please.............and could you "super-size" that? And make that two Dos Equis and bring some tostadas and salsa while we're waiting and make that three Dos Equis so we don't get behind. Yes, a small salad with lots of Ranch dressing. And we'll decide on desert after we've finished that. Hmmm............cheese cake, Pecan pie, or German chocolate cake...........decisions, decisions.

Rev (Native Houstonion)

PKRWUD 01-07-2003 09:09 PM

Thanks Rev. That does it, I'm not reading this thread anymore. Now I'm really hungry! And thirsty!

:)

Take care,
~Chris

SinisterSN95 01-08-2003 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MissBlondie
Hey I'm from Chicago too, where are you at?? :D

~Jill

i live off of Halsted and Roosevelt (University of Illinois @ Chicago) :D

i'm originally from the burbs (Calumet City) now i'm downtown :D Where are you at?!?!?

84LX89GT 01-08-2003 01:12 AM

I don't know how they came up with seattle for #2 fittest. Everywhere i look i see excessively obese people. Maybe japanese exchange students count (thousands upon thousands of exchange students come to seattle each year). Other than that, you go to seattle and there's tons of REALLY obese people everywhere.....it must be HORRIBLE in the other 48 states in the union, jeez.

POISNUS 01-08-2003 08:02 AM

I'm in the third fattest city, Detroit. I am starting to get a little chunky now. I used to be in great shape and eat whatever I wanted, now I still eat like a ******* horse and its startin to catch up:eek: .

Time to get in the gym:cool:

Jason