MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Feedback on Forum Upgrades (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=49561)

StangFlyer 03-25-2007 06:57 PM

Feedback on Forum Upgrades

Everyone,

We have made major upgrades to our forums. This includes adding featured photo strips from our MediaCenter, Classifieds system, and Part Reviews system. In addition, we have greatly expanded our forums, adding many sub-forums and reorganizing the entire message board system.

We at Mustang Works hope that you enjoy the expanded capabilities of our systems, and that each of our valued members will actively contribute to the content and success of MustangWorks.com! We ask that you help us get things rolling in all our new main and sub forums by posting new threads to get discussions started. It will really help the site, and everyone, as we re-grow not only the forums, but MustangWorks.com as a whole.

Feedback is welcome. :)

mustangII460 03-25-2007 07:49 PM

Re: Feedback on Forum Upgrades

So far I think its a step in the right direction. Of course its hours old right now :)

bmxmon 03-26-2007 02:17 PM

Looks good! So much too choose....

digital3.3 04-03-2007 09:32 PM

me likey. good stuff dan.

StangFlyer 04-03-2007 10:31 PM

Much more coming... SOON. :)

digital3.3 04-03-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StangFlyer (Post 330649)
Much more coming... SOON. :)

more?! jeez, your a busy man dude

Unit 5302 04-10-2007 10:35 PM

Hi Dan,

I'm not a real active poster these days, but I can tell you the changes bring Mustangworks.com way more up to date with the forum and website communities in terms of appearance and functionality.

The previous version of the site was what, 5 or 6 years old?

StangFlyer 04-11-2007 01:23 PM

ummm, you know... I can't even remember for sure when the last design of MW was created. So, that in itself tells me it's been far too long ago. About six years sounds about right though.

STILL more to come. Some soon, some a bit later... but, all this year. :)

andy669 04-12-2007 08:16 AM

Is it just me or is the site real sluggish? Its definately one of the slower loading sites I visit. It might just be my computer though. I get alot of white pages loading too.

Andy

USMC302 04-12-2007 01:06 PM

I see some slow loading pages as well. More content means more Data coming through the same bandwidth. Not crazy about all the new subforums like the tech being seperate from the actual forum, seems like I have to look in both places for the same material. other than that, it looks good and up to date. I would also suggest a moderator removing classified ads more than 1 year old, most of those members have sold it by then and not updated or are no longer selling it. Thanks!

bmxmon 04-12-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC302 (Post 330843)
Not crazy about all the new subforums like the tech being seperate from the actual forum, seems like I have to look in both places for the same material. other than that, it looks good and up to date.

I agree, too much jumping around.

Rev 04-12-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StangFlyer (Post 330811)
ummm, you know... I can't even remember for sure when the last design of MW was created. So, that in itself tells me it's been far too long ago. About six years sounds about right though.

STILL more to come. Some soon, some a bit later... but, all this year. :)

Wasn't it a few (2-3 years ago) when it went to a gray format? Some years before that, we all had to re-register for the web site (more than once?). I'm thinking 8-9 years ago. But MW has always been at the top of the heap.

Rev

Hethj7 04-22-2007 03:44 PM

The overall "look" of the site is a huge improvement and is definitely great. It took my a while to find the BOL in the new forum layout, so I'm not sure what I think about that yet. And, as others have mentioned, this site continues to be one of the slower loading sites a visit.

Nice work overall, Dan! :)

StangFlyer 04-22-2007 04:44 PM

Are judging the "site" load time by the forums homepage, or the site overall? The forums homepage is slower now because it has been tied into the classifiedsd, media center, and reviews systems to display featured photos from all those sections on the homepage. I can speed it up a great deal by removing those tie ins, but they definitely enhance the page.

StangFlyer 04-23-2007 07:56 PM

Well, the loading of the forums homepage should no longer be an issue. I've removed the featured classifieds and featured reviews. They were the cause of the slow down.

See the difference now?

Hethj7 05-06-2007 05:26 PM

Yes, this is as fast as the site as loaded for me in a long time :)

Ieatcamaros 05-11-2007 05:42 AM

I haven't visited in a while, mostly because I just don't "surf" as much as I used to. I like the new look and I especially like the new sub categories you have added. Keep up the good work!

Fulcrum 07-10-2007 03:35 PM

Wow! Big changes since I was last here. It looks good!

Hey everybody NO MORE TRUCKIN!!! YEA!!! :):D