MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Talking Finally got one to go MY way!

Kinda long story, but here it is in a nutshell. We've all heard these kind of stories, and it usually happens to someone we know, but at least for me, I could never get one to go my way. Until today.

Ride #2 was a NICE 1979 F150 4X4, built 351M, C6, custom paint, '69 Mach I hood scoop, you get the idea. I sold the truck 2 months ago, figured I'd sell it while it was still worth something. I got $2,000 for it, sold it to a cop. He came and got it on a Tuesday. Thursday night, he takes it to a local "4X4 night" where he proceeds to TRASH this truck. He wasn't all the way through the mud pit, and my cell was ringing. "Who'd you sell your truck to? He's beating the $hit outta it up here!" So I get a phone call from this doofus the next morning, trying to tell me I sold him a lemon. Needs a new motor, leaking oil all over, etc etc. I tell him I'll come up and look at it, not telling him I knew where he was. I go look at the truck, and the mud pushed the inspection cover INTO the bellhousing, letting it fill up with mud, and tearing out the front seal. Put him in touch with my buddy that works at a tranny shop, and "After this, you're on your own pal." 2 weeks go by, and I see this guy has a for sale sign in it. Now we parted on not so nice of terms, so I ask my brother in law to go see what he wants for it. By the time he gets there, the truck is gone. Oh well. 2 months go by, and this past Monday I get a call from one of the parts guys I deal with. "You wanna buy your blue truck back?" "Ummm, well...." So I go look at it, and it sounds bad, but not "needs a new motor" bad. I make a deal with this kid that bought it off of the cop I sold it to, 2 months ago.

I went this evening and bought my truck back for $500!!!!! Brought her home, put some GOOD oil in her, changed the spark plugs, it still had the plugs that I put in it at the beginning of this summer! She runs like a champ!

Here again, like my dad used to tell me. "NEVER assume that the a$$hole that worked on it before you knew what he was doing!"

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
LX5liter
dude5l

Default Re: Finally got one to go MY way!

Why do some people think a used vehicle comes with warranty? You would think a cop would at least be honest.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 05:19 AM   #3
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Congrats man, now you should take the 1500 you made off the deal and drop it back into the truck,lol
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Got the truck home, new alt/starter/battery. LOTS of cleaning. Tonight I put in a new set of main bearings, rod bearings, and a new oil pump. This summa beeeotch RUNS! As long as I've owned her (11+ years) it hasn't run this good! Positive reinforcement that I made the right decision. Almost want to keep her now, but funds are needed for other projects. Oh well, just wanted to update you all!

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:34 PM   #5
Ieatcamaros
Domestic Rice really sucks!

So, uh, whaddya take for it?