MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Toronto Airport Parking Patrol Sucks....

I'm only posting this because I think these guys are morons and I can't believe this.

I went to Toronto's Pearson Airport to pick up a co-worker from Montreal. I was a little early (like 5 minutes) so I went to the arrivals area and parked my truck. There were signs that said "unloading area only, unattented vehicles will be towed". So I figure that I'm here to load some one and I'm in the truck so if I had to move, no problem.

So this guy comes up and knocks on my window. I open the window and:

Moron 1: "You can't park here sir"

Me: "I'm just picking someone up"

Moron 1: "I'm sorry you can't park here at all you have to keep circling the airport"

Me: "What?!? I can't park here for 5 minutes to pick some one up?"

Moron 1: "No, I will ticket you"

Me: "Are you going to pay my gas bill for driving around the whole airport?"

Moron 1: "Sir if you are gonig to be difficult I will just give you a $35 ticket"

Me "?!?!"

So I drive VERY slowly, I figure lets see him try to give me a parking ticket if I'm moving at 5 mph, how would that hold up in court?

SO THE GUY STARTS TO GIVE ME A TICKET!!

I kept going figuring I fight this ticket and this guy will lose so whatever.

Just then...

Moron 2: Walk up to my truck "Sir the speed limit here in 20 km/h!"

Me: " Yes that is a limit"

Moron 2: "You must drive through here at the speed limit. We're tired of putting up with you people I'm going to call the police if you don't move your vehicle faster right now!"

Me: " Whatever a**hole!"

(OK I was getting a little hot headed by this point)

So I drive faster and did a loop around the freakin airport.

But whenever I drove by I stopped for every single person who looked like they might cross the crosswalk (and of course waited until they had cleared the crosswalk before proceeding) and slowed right down for every speed bump.

A Parking Patrol car started to follow me, but by this time I figured all these guys were picks and just ignored them.

I picked up my co-worker without further incident. But man what a bunch of Morons!

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:20 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:49 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I see his point in away but yeh he did act like an *******. You can't have everyone park in the same area or ya just get a huge build up of traffic. I would of just sat there and did a burnout and be like I'm going 20 just can't gain traction. Yeh stupid people shoulnd't breed, can't agree with ya there anymore.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:07 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Acting like a jerk

Sorry, no sympathy...you acted more like the 'moron' here.

Those parking rules are in place for logical reasons and the guards (or whatever they are called) were simply doing their job and enforcing the rules that apply to everyone, you included.

You want special treatment and then act like a five-year-old who had your cookie stolen when asked to play by the same rules as everyone else. Why? Are you better than the next 100 people who would like to park and wait 'just five minutes' where you're not supposed to. I didn't think so.

I would have given you the ticket then called the real cops and let them explain to you what 'No Parking - Unloading area only' means.

Learn to obey some common airport parking parking rules and you won't have these problems.

Calling everyone in sight a moron when you're the guy acting foolishly just makes you look like a whining brat, which I hope isn't the case.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:41 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Default Re: Acting like a jerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0
Sorry, no sympathy...you acted more like the 'moron' here.

Those parking rules are in place for logical reasons and the guards (or whatever they are called) were simply doing their job and enforcing the rules that apply to everyone, you included.

You want special treatment and then act like a five-year-old who had your cookie stolen when asked to play by the same rules as everyone else. Why? Are you better than the next 100 people who would like to park and wait 'just five minutes' where you're not supposed to. I didn't think so.

I would have given you the ticket then called the real cops and let them explain to you what 'No Parking - Unloading area only' means.

Learn to obey some common airport parking parking rules and you won't have these problems.

Calling everyone in sight a moron when you're the guy acting foolishly just makes you look like a whining brat, which I hope isn't the case.
I guess it could sound like I was an ***, and your right I did act a little childish, but if some one had a real attitude problem and was real unpleasant to you...well I can't say you'd act the same. I just don't see any logic to not have any parking what so ever at an airport. This means that you CAN NOT pick someone up unless they are out side past all the taxi's, limo's, and smoking area's. That makes no sense to me. What if you were picking up some one who didn't know there way around the airport? Or a Grandma that needs help with her luggage? There is no way that I could stop and help. And to top it all off they threaten to ticket and bring the police in. How about all the smog and wasted gas in excess driving? Especially in a city where there are smog warnings all the time. There should be an alternative, and not one that means paying $35. I guess some may consider it childish, but that would be there own opinion.

I guess I should also clarify, Although I think the parking maids were morons (I really don't like it when people are rude to me right off the bat), but the REAL MORON is the Parking Authority, they are the ones who made the rules. I realize the 2 parking guys were only follownig orders (but like I said, I don't like to be treated so poorly) and it is not there fault (except for there attitude)

Last edited by 95mustanggt; 07-18-2002 at 10:57 PM..
Old 07-19-2002, 04:37 PM   #6
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Airport parking

95mustanggt:

I understand the attitude problem on the part of the parking guys but they do this all day and you were probably the 200th person trying to park in a loading zone that day that they had to ask to move, so the attitude thing can cut two ways.

Airports have had these parking regulations for many years and they are all the same at every airport (and I've been to quite a few). The airport terminal isn't the local mall. Different rules apply.

You can unload baggage and passenger(s) only in front of the terminal but you cannot simply stand and wait for someone there, even for '5 minutes'.

If you're meeting someone you must park (and pay) and walk to the terminal arrival area for the flight you're meeting or wait near the terminal door. I've done it many, many times.

If you don't want to do that you may simply drive around the airport and circle the front, as the guard suggested. That's your choice - they would rather you park your car in the lot and come inside to wait as I usually do.

The object is to hold down congestion and not have the front of the terminal turn into a parking lot where no one can get by, which is exactly what would happen if they didn't strictly enforce the 'park it in the lot or move it' rule.

The airport authority uses the police to enforce the parking because if they didn't, folks like you would just ignore them and do as you please, the hell with everybody else and their rules. That's why they have to be tough about the parking.

Next time you pick someone up at any airport you'll know what the parking deal is and either park it and go inside or circle until your passenger arrives and is waiting outside the terminal door. Those are the choices. I have to do this and so does everyone else who picks up anyone at the airport.

Calling the parking guys morons may feel good but you were the one who was in the wrong and a bad attitude on their part may be annoying but doesn't change the fact that they were simply enforcing the rules, even if they did it in a poor manner.

Airport parking has always been a hassle and the new security regulations at many airports just make it worse. I avoid airports as much as possible but when I have to go there I know the deal and just park the car and get it over with.

I doubt a half-hour parking fee is $35. More like $4 or $5. I could be wrong, I don't know much about Canada's airports. Make the person you're picking up pay it - I would if he/she wasn't a relative or girlfriend/boyfriend.

Anyway, now that you know the deal about airport parking this shouldn't happen again.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:51 PM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I know. It just gets frustrating. For me to park and Pay. I have to drive 4 or 5 blocks pay $13 and then get on a bus take the bus to the terminal (15-20 mins) then pick up my co-worker and get back on the bus (15-20) min and get to my truck and then go to the office. Throw in 10-15 minutes waiting for the bus and it just took an hour to pick someone up!

I should have been more cool, but we're not all perfect, right?

Old 07-19-2002, 11:36 PM   #8
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Airport aggravation

Sure, nobody's perfect and you could have been more cool but at least you didn't get a ticket - or worse.

In the future, I would try to avoid airports if I were you.

Let this co-worker get someone else to pick him up. $13. is absurd for a short park and an hour just to pick someone up is a total waste of time. You see what parking in front of the terminal gets you - a hassle and frustration. Losing situation.

Frankly, I hate airports and only go when I have no other choice.