MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-23-2001, 04:51 PM   #1
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Post first time

Hey guys, first time in this chat. I ordered a
stage G-Track stage 1 and stage 2 steeda suspension kit, a march ram air system (any of you guys know if this ram air system works), I also had the dealership change the gear ratio to 3:73 and got 4 new Michelin Pilot XGT-Z 245/55R16 (present from my sweetie for Christmas).
I am just starting (is a very expensive hobby), I want to change a lot of things but I don't know where to start. How effective is a computer chip, should I buy "H" pipes and a flow master muffler or should I upgrade the engine with bigger injectors (any idea what the stock size of injector is in the 99gt). If I start from the engine where do you guys take your car to have all this work done. I know that if you change the injector you have to recalibrate the MAS sensor. I called my dealership but they refuse to do this work.
Last question any of you have installed a WMS calibrated Pro-M87mm MAF, I was reading about and they claim 25 extra horsepower.
Please welcome me by answering the questions, after all I am just starting.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 05:09 PM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Hey Rocket, try reposting in the Modular Madness section. That is where all the information to hotrod your car is. Sounds like your ready to spend some serious cash. I'm only a novice when it comes to the 4.6L moter (sh!t I'm a novice when it comes to the 5.0L too ). If you want to spend cash I would throw a blower on that car!

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 05:15 PM   #3
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

let me be the first to welcome you to the board, there are lots of guys here who really know their stuff so you came to the right board, but for these questions you'll want to post them in one of the technical forums, i'll try to help though, as myself and many others have said before the only chip worth anything is one you have custom burned after your car gets highly modded, so stay far away from them for now

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, pulleys, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after 1.7RR install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2001, 06:53 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Welcome to the world of Mustangs. I have a 2000 GT, but no money, if I did though, I'd start w/ these mods, in this order:

1. K&N filter, maybe a Cold Air of some sort
2. x-pipe, and aftermarket mufflers
3. Gears
4. Pullies

At this point, your car will be quite fast. Good Luck!

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 10:23 AM   #5
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

Thanks guys, I new I had come to the right place. I got the March Ram air system but I am sending it back, I just don’t like it. I forgot to tell you guys that I also ordered under drive pulley for the pony.
I really want to ordered bigger injectors and a WMS Velocity tubes with a calibrated Pro-M 87 mm Maf (check it out at www.wmsracing.com) I called them and they said that they will calibrated the Mass air sensor flow to whatever pounds the injectors are (I like the 24lb injectors).
My dealership said that if I make this changes then the warranty will be no good any more, what do I do should I wait for a year until the warranty runs out to make changes to the engine or should I just tell FORD to stick their warranty up their $%^&*. I do have some money to spend but the blower will have to wait until my Christmas bonus, but I can wait to have a fast pony, as the “stock” pony is just not fast enough for me.
Any answer will be appreciated.
Steeda G-TRACK suspension (stage1 and stage2), underdrive pulley, 3:73 gear.
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote