View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 PM   #12
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Re: Flaming River is Anti Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBatson
Maybe I'm the only one reading this right or maybe I'm the only one reading this wrong but, the way I read it, the sign says "licensed to carry" individuals are prohibited from the store. The sign doesn't say "Weapons prohibited" which is something entirely different. Prohibiting "licensed to carry" individuals from the store sounds like a political statement to me, which is just bad business.

Now if someone doesn't want me to carry a gun in their home/business, which is understandable, I don't have a problem with that. If they don't want me there because I exercise my constitutional rights, they won't be getting my business.
Well, let me look at that for a second. If you're not licensed to carry, you can't legally carry a weapon so you're breaking the law before you even get to the store's parking lot. I guess technically, they should indicate they ban all firearms from their store, but if the person is already breaking the law by carrying in the first place, I'm not sure they're going to follow the store's personal request.

If this is an instance of the store enforcing their right to refuse customers simply based on if they are licensed to carry, then yes, I would quit doing business with them as it's a ridiculous overextension of their personal political beliefs hollywood style.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote