MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Florida Hwy Patrol

I was on the turnpike in Florida last weekend and saw this red Steeda coming up behind me, 'Nice Car' I thought. When he passed me I noticed it was a FHP car. WOW! Florida cops get all the nice cars. An suv started passing everyone driving recklessly and I guess he didn't notice the red mustang was an unmarked police car. I got to see the Steeda in action when the suv swerved and cut him off. The police slammed on the brakes kicking up dust while almost hitting the SUV when they finally stopped. That cop looked like this when he got out of the car . Heeh, I would have hated to be that SUV driver. I was thinking of all the charges that policeman could come up with, OUCH!

BTW, it cost me around $48 in tolls on that turnpike. OUCH! Good thing I had the cash, I didn't realize I would be getting ripped off that bad.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: Florida Hwy Patrol

In Texas, the state seizes cars, houses, boats etc. that are involved in iillicit activities (mostly dope dealing). They do use some of those cars for under cover work. If you want to look like a drug dealer, it helps if you're driving an Escalade, BMW, Mercedes, or some other high $$$ vehicle. Florida may do the same. Anyway, it sounds like the SUV driver got what he desrved.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
RBatson
Registered Member

I agree, the suv driver got exactly what they deserved. I have seen cars locally that where seized from drug dealers, one was a porsche a city cop had with signs on the side that said "This car was seized from a drug dealer". The Steeda may have been a city cop but I think it was a Hwy Patrol car. It had lights around the plate to tip you off it was a cop. Usually the confiscated cars are county/city cars, around here. I still think that was a FHP car and if the boys are running Steedas.. watch out in Florida. What's next?? Lingenfelter vettes?! You better be packing an engine if you wanna play in Florida.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Cool Re: Florida Hwy Patrol

What's up Rick?
I've seen that Steeda(or one like it) quite a few times on my long-ass commute to work. They have alot of unmarked cars, and I believe they are seized cars. They also have new and old Vettes, new-style Z-28's, Fox-body Mustang LX's, trucks, stupid Lumina's, and probably more I haven't seen, as well as their standard cruisers.
Attached is a cheesy camera-phone pic I snapped while I was stuck in traffic of that Steeda at the scene of an accident, and one of the accident(sorry for the crappy quality, it was an old phone!):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copstang.JPG (48.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg copstang2.JPG (47.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 AM   #5
RBatson
Registered Member

Hey Joe. You actually crossed my mind while I was down there. I spent my first week of Vacation in Daytona and my second week was up in the air.. I decided to go to Key West. Got plenty drunk in Capt. Tony's one night with some other 'philosophers', heeh. I actually found some like minded people.. as far as heaven and earth, why we're here and what not. Ate at Sloppy Joe's, went parasailing and got pleasantly surprised at Dirty Harry's It was very nice. Alot of bikers and spring breakers were there and the weather was great. 70 was the low at night and 88 was the high. I came home to 34 lows, that sucked. Anyhow, I saw the keys and I understand why you are so fond of them. Very nice.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I was reading an article at work where the FHP had 20 or so Mercury Marauders (spelling??) donated to them. They were going to use them for their agressive driving program. Florida cops get all the toys, while the rest of us up here in IL get Impalas
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

I take the Long Island Northern State Parkway to the Yankee games every year, last year I saw a 1998 SS Camaro peaking out of the embankment..Only it was painted with highway patrol colors. I wonder how many years you have to put in before you can get that post, you guys know about the Italian Police and their 2004 Lamborghini Murciealago, right?? They seized it from some drug ring and painted it blue and white. I don't know why you'd need THAT much speed though, most Italian supercars are'nt even owned in Italy..they're just a major export.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #8
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001GTPEWTER
I take the Long Island Northern State Parkway to the Yankee games every year, last year I saw a 1998 SS Camaro peaking out of the embankment..Only it was painted with highway patrol colors. I wonder how many years you have to put in before you can get that post, you guys know about the Italian Police and their 2004 Lamborghini Murciealago, right?? They seized it from some drug ring and painted it blue and white. I don't know why you'd need THAT much speed though, most Italian supercars are'nt even owned in Italy..they're just a major export.
I heard on TV that Lamborghini donated the police force that car.

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
frmula505
Registered Member

The New Mexico State Police has mid 70's corvette they got from a drug bust, they use it as their DARE vehicle. It goes to all the schools.
2003 Cobra Torch red 10 anniversary 2.8 ultra grip upper pulley, 100mm aux. idler, 100mm idlers, custom predator dyno tune (467hp,505tq), K&N cai, BBK offroad X pipe, Magnaflow cb, centerforce clutch, bbk billet quadrant ,UPR firewall adjuster w/ stock cable, MGW short throw shifter, autometer boost, kenne brown hard launch kit with derlin bushings, and BFR G-Force tires (315-30-18 dr's rear)
My Car
frmula505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Speaking of New Mexico....

What the hell is with all of those safety corridors they've got posted. I understand that it's suppose to decrease crash fatalities, etc., but it seems suspiciously like a ploy to rake in increased moving violation fines to me. Sure, New Mexico has higher crash rates than many other states, but if people wouldn't get behind the wheel when drunk, I'm sure NM crash rates would drop a whole lot right there.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #11
Rev
Registered Member

In Houston, and maybe other areas of Texas, the TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Control) has seen fit to enter bars at midnight and make arrests for "public drunkedness". This is all in the name of removing drunks from the roadways. This has come under quite a bit question since these "drunks" were just sitting in bars (not driving).

The rational from TABC, is if they wern't driving now, they were getting ready to drive when the bars closed. Fortunately, from my point of view, the Texas legislature has examinrd the problem, and has exerted pressure on the TABC to tone down their enforcement efforts.

If law enrforcement wants to keep "drunks" off the road, lets do it "on the road" with stricter DWI enforcement. Lets not do it on technicalities in bars, where someone might later beak a traffic law.

No offense meant to rwhite or Mustang II 460 for their "day in day out" efforts to keep us safe.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe

Last edited by Rev; 04-23-2006 at 08:43 PM..
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #12
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Rev-
no offense here...As much fun as I could see that being to enforce on a select few individuals, I too feel that is the wrong way to go about fixing that problem. I saw a news clip on that a while back, thought to myself "you got to be kidding me!". We definitely could not get away with that up here.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: