MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-25-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
Power
Registered Member

Post Flyby, help, or laugh at??

I'm just kinda curious about the general nature of the average MW member. When you are driving and you see someone on the side of the road with a flat tire or the hood up, do you tend to just ignore them and fly by, stop and help if you can, or just laugh at them?? I can understand for you female members if you choose not to stop and talk to every stanger with a broken down car. Likewise for the male members that aren't comfortable with it either.

I myself always have my car toolbox (smaller than my shop one.. ) in my car and almost always stop if I see someone with a broken down car. I've probably changed a flat tire for about 30 people who didn't know how or were too weak (one was an 89 year old woman).

I guess my question was if anybody was a good samaritan type person who would stop and help another person.

[This message has been edited by Power (edited 07-25-2001).]
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 05:06 PM   #2
lx mike
Undescribable

I'll stop and ask if they are ok, most are and a few have needed help and i try to help best i can. most of my help is either changing a tire or takeing them to a garage to get a tow truck.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 10:35 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I've been known to give strangers rides to places, money for food (don't do it anymore unless I go with them), or the occasional boost. If I'm on the road, most the time I am not in a real position to stop and help. Also, seems that a lot of people have cell phones and already have help on the way.

I think the thing I've done the most is stop my car on the side of the road and help the owner(s) of a car to push it out of an intersection or roadway. Haven't really noticed too much of that stuff lately.

Tell you one thing though, if I see a Mustang on the side of the road, Im more likely to stop than some other car.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 10:43 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

i stop and help people. pgkelly and i have always wanted to get an air tank, impact wrench, and jack, then drive around looking for people with flats, and do a pit stop style change. just run up and change their tire in less than a minute. hehe, it'd scare some people, but make them happy too!
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 01:06 AM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

sometimes that all depends on the rush I'm in and the area it's in. I have stopped MANY times, I know it's a very rare thing, and people are always glad for help. We now have little yellow tow trucks that patrol I-95 here and they look for broken down people and help!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 09:44 PM   #6
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I usually always stop. But sometimes, if I feel a little weird about the situation, I'll keep on going. I always go with my gut instinct, it's usually right. I mean there are some real weirdo's out there.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 01:13 PM   #7
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

I usually help . One time a pulled a 4X4 F-250 out of the road with my honda accord that had a slipping clutch and a REAL BAD blow by problem. Must have been quite a site for passers by. I like helping out others.

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote