MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Football Season Is Here At Last!!!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=38890)

CobraJet428 09-02-2003 01:00 PM

Football Season Is Here At Last!!!!

Football Season is here at last, thanks the good Lord!!!
Who are your favorite college/pro teams? I am an assistant coach at the high school level and we won our opener Friday.
Pro: Lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan...I like it that Parcells is the head coach, but they were stupid to let Emmitt Smith go.
College: Georgia Bullldogs

Mass Stang 09-02-2003 02:17 PM

I got Silver and Black running through my veins. I am a HUGE Oakland Raiders fan !!!!!

GO RAIDERS !!!!!!

Hethj7 09-02-2003 03:41 PM

I love the Chiefs and of course my favorite college team is Mizzou.

The further I am removed from high school, the more and more I miss the game. There is just nothing else like it. I could definitely see myself coaching some day.

CobraJet - Congrats on your team's first win. There is nothing like Friday night lights!!

VeNuM 09-02-2003 03:44 PM

Gotta show it for my town, CHICAGO BEARS!!!! Big fan as well.

302 LX Eric 09-02-2003 03:55 PM

National Champs

<--- that's my team. I was at the game Saturday night vs. Washington that was on ABC. Graduated in '96.

My Pro team is Cincinnati...yes, yes I know they stink. Hopefully Marvin Lewis can make the necessary changes and start winning some games.

I'm also the commissioner of a fantasy football league.

I love this time of year!!! :D

E

silver_pilate 09-02-2003 04:48 PM

Well, I've liked the Cowboys for as long as I can remember.

As for college, I pull for Texas Tech, but don't really care for anyone else.

--nathan

Fawkes 09-02-2003 11:15 PM

Well let's see here, on the NCAA level I'm a Washington Husky fan (302 LX Eric, you guys whooped our butt's on Saturday).

On the pro level, I'm a Seahawks fan (Mass Stang, I'm a former Raider Hater, but now that we're in a different league, I... well I still don't like 'em. haha). I'm also an old Dallas Cowboys fan.

I love this game. I honestly think that playing was the only reason that I stayed in high school... that and my dad would have kicked my butt. ;o)

MidNiteBlu 5.0 09-03-2003 01:36 AM

Go Chargers!! :D

Mass Stang 09-03-2003 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fawkes
Well let's see here, on the NCAA level I'm a Washington Husky fan (302 LX Eric, you guys whooped our butt's on Saturday).

On the pro level, I'm a Seahawks fan (Mass Stang, I'm a former Raider Hater, but now that we're in a different league, I... well I still don't like 'em. haha). I'm also an old Dallas Cowboys fan.

I love this game. I honestly think that playing was the only reason that I stayed in high school... that and my dad would have kicked my butt. ;o)

Fawkes, It's all good. I love football, I love the NFL, and I like all the pro Teams. I just happen to be a die hard, hard core Raiders fan, but like I said, its all good. Either love or hate the Raiders. I don't think there is any middle ground with them. Good luck to your seahags,,,Uh I mean seahhawks (Just kidding). Good luck to bolth our teams, and here's to a great season.

Silver and Black #1 !!!!!!

tireburner163 09-04-2003 10:59 AM

I don't really like pro ball, so I really don't have any favorites, but I'm a big college ball watcher. University of MS all the way baby, GO OLE MISS!!!!!!

CobraJet428 09-04-2003 11:15 AM

Go Rebels

Go Rebels...They got a little scare for Vandy last wekend...Commodores are much improved

tireburner163 09-05-2003 11:18 AM

Re: Go Rebels

Quote:

Originally posted by CobraJet428
Go Rebels...They got a little scare for Vandy last wekend...Commodores are much improved

woooot wooooot, another Ole Miss fan.

Hey, the Rebels did a lot better than Mississippi State did. What about them ducks? 28 to 0 in the first quarter:o :D

CobraJet428 09-05-2003 11:56 AM

I agree

I know what you mean....I hope the Rebels have a great season and shake things up in the SEC a little bit more..My comment about Vanderbilt was NOT meant to imply that Ole Miss is bad, but VAndy ain't a pushover any more. Coach Bobby Johnson has done a heck of a job there. He used to coach at Furman Univ. (I-AA) near where I live.

69fastback 09-05-2003 08:52 PM

My favorite time of year.

I love the silver and black. Couldn't imagine going for any other team. I do wish there was some way to get Shockey though i like to watch that guy play.

As for college being from So Cal I gotta go for USC Trojans. Looks like they are going to conted for the national championship this year after the whipping of auburn.

CADreamin 09-09-2003 01:29 PM

Go Steelers!

And on Saturday, I like watching Penn State, the University of Florida, and West Virginia...

Mass Stang 09-09-2003 01:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 69fastback
[B]My favorite time of year.

I love the silver and black. Couldn't imagine going for any other team. I do wish there was some way to get Shockey though i like to watch that guy play.

AMEN BROTHER !!!!!!

Raders fan 4 life !!!!

GO RAIDERS !!!!!

chuck88 09-13-2003 01:07 PM

Jets Fan

Well there is always next year. Why did Pennington get hurt in the preseason, now were stuck with stone feet (testerverde).

Stang_Crazy 09-13-2003 05:21 PM

I've been a Steeler fan since birth. If you live in Pittsburgh, it's a crime to not be a Steeler fan.

Speaking of, they have a big game tomorrow AT Kansas City. It should be a very very good game.

Stang_Crazy 09-13-2003 05:22 PM

This is a thread on football but no one has mentioned the Coors Light commercials with 'the twins'. I think they're my favorite part of football season. I can't even get up during a break in the game for fear I might miss 'the twins' :D

91Saleen 09-14-2003 11:14 AM

We don't get the same commercials overseas but I've heard about the twins. I'm a Chiefs fan, and it'll be a good game, but hopefully we win!!

Chuck88, that sucks about Pennington, I thought I had a good QB on my fantasy team until he got hurt, but I got Hasselbeck out of it, so I should be alright.

GO SOONERS!!!!!