MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ford banning images of YOUR car (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=50193)

Hethj7 01-12-2008 02:53 PM

Ford banning images of YOUR car

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this, but Ford has banned the sale of calendars created at other sites of member's rides.

It angers me as I'm a diehard Ford man and I know many of you are too. It may be a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but if I were in the market for a new car today, I'd begin my search somewhere other than a Ford dealership.

2008 BMC Calendar - NOT Available due to Ford - See Inside! - Black Mustang Club Forums

The 2008 RHC Member's Rides Calendar is NO LONGER AVAILABLE * Details Inside* - The Rice Haters Club

bmxmon 01-13-2008 01:03 AM

Re: Ford banning images of YOUR car

Wow. I would bet a good chunk of change that it wouldnt hold up in court, but Ford has the $$$. They are going quite extreme with what their copyright covers. I know they are also going after businesses that use their name or any of their products names. I think FoMoCo has missed the mark big time.

KiltedBanshees93GT 01-13-2008 05:30 AM

Good lord, thats crap. They seriously need to reevaluate their PR position before they end up more despised than an '88 Hyundai...What, are they trying to become the Metallica of auto mfrs?

J

digital3.3 01-13-2008 05:15 PM

yeh they aren't impressing anyone with these kind of antics.

bmxmon 01-16-2008 05:41 PM

BMC Calendars: Approved by Ford & For Sale! - BMC Forums - Black Mustang Club Looks like they have it resolved! Apparently it was Cafepresses fault, since they had previous dealings with ford and thought that ford wouldnt approve of their calendar. As it turns out ford is ok with it, as long as they dont use the ford/mustang logo.

Unit 5302 01-17-2008 11:25 PM

Ford has to be okay with it as they really don't have any rights to claim trademark or copyright infringement. I have no real affinity for Ford Motor Company at this point.

Photo Attorney

Hethj7 01-19-2008 06:37 PM

Ford made good with The Rice Haters Club also. And just to clarify, the issue at RHC was with Ford, and not CafePress.

Ford Makes Good With RHC - The Rice Haters Club

explicitone 02-14-2008 03:24 AM

it should be OK if the ford logo and or the name mustang isnt used... since you bought the car... they cant stop you from putting your car in a calender....... if I remember you couldnt use the name mustang or ford... or have any ford logos printed ......

DayZee469 02-25-2008 10:47 AM

Stupidity in my opinion. If someone wants to promote for my company for free its a no-brainer. When they rolled it off the assemebly line in 64 they sure wanted everyone to promote it and now today no one can breathe the pony logo or use the word mustang it seems.:mad: