View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
HoodStrype
Rearview Mirror Haze

Default Re: Ford to shut down Windsor casting plant as part of reorganization

Quote:
simply because of the perception that they are high quality, 200,000 --mile cars
The Japanese do have better cars. At least Toyota and Honda do. I've owned both. They are made to run longer than american cars. The only problem you'll ever have out of a 92 through present civic is the timing chain. I've seen very few fords or chevys or chrysler (yuk!) cars with 200,000 miles on them and no rebuild. That goes double for Chrysler on their Tranny's.
I think this is the best thing that could have happened. Now maybe Ford and Chevy will take more pride in developing longer lasting vehicles that get more than 12 mpg. I mean seriously, I just bought a 4Runner for $26,000 brand new. I still see old school 4runners everyday on the roads. Have you seen what they want for a plastic gas hogging Explorer (aka Exploder)? I'm so sick of all the short cuts that American car companies get away with. Every parts store I know is kept in business by Chrysler, Chevy and Ford. That's why everytime you go to get a foriegn car part it's special order... not enough people come in for it!
As for the people who lost their jobs, that sucks. I know Toyota is doing big things in Alabama, if you know anyone tell them to come down here!

...the epitome of Murphy's Law
HoodStrype is offline   Reply With Quote