View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Re: !!!!!!FoXbOdY pAgE!!!!!!!

I'm the original owner of a 1990 Mustang LX hatchback; stock 5.0 & 5-speed BW trans.

I bought it, new, in March of 1990 and it currently has 125,000 miles on the odometer.

A few minor mods like tubular subframe connectors, a PRO 5 0 shifter, Moroso CAI setup, aftermarket exhaust and a Ford Racing 3.55 ratio differential. Otherwise, it's stock.

Ran a 13.9 once many years ago but I now only use ithe car sporatically (less than 1,000 miles per year) and am planning to sell it in the spring. It's not mint but still in very good condition for a 15-year-old Mustang. It's never been hit. I'm going to ask $4,500. for it as original owner, 5.0/5-speed Fox-bodied Mustangs are rare and even more rare are those that are in very decent condition, don't need work and have only had one (adult) owner for the life of the car.

In the 15 years I've owned my Mustang I have had very few problems. Replaced a lot of tires and brake pads and have changed the oil and filter every 2,000 miles - from Day One. Replaced a water pump and a few other minor repairs over the years but otherwise, the 'Stang has been an absolute gem to own, both in reliability and fun-to-drive. The A/C blows cold, the radio still works just fine and she starts right up every time with no smoke, no problems. Great car that I will miss when it's gone but that I will also never forget.

I hope your Mustang gives you as much pleasure as mine has given me over the years.