View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 11:46 AM   #8
crazypete
Registered Member

Get a soldering iron and a spool of solder for about 20 bucks, drain the radiator, lay it flat, and solder away. You're just plugging a hole, pretty straight forward. If it starts leaking again...well, you did your best but didnt lose a lot of money in the process. If it doesnt leak but one of the passages is clogged but it still cools the car, you just saved yourself a whole bunch of money.

Oh yeah......

Dont use radiator sealer!! Ever! I lost a radiator by doing that. Brand new radiator got a small hole punched in it so I decided to be lazy and use the sealer. Well, it simply didnt radiate after the sealer. Probably coated the inside of the entire thing with crap. I should have taken my own advice.
91 GT Carb conversion, holley 600 double pumper, edelbrock performer intake, FMS "C" drop springs, march 1000 underdrive pullies, crane 1.7 roller rockers, GT-40P headers, bassani x pipe, american thunder catback, FMS 4.56's, msd aL6, trunkmount battery, A/C eliminator kit, 3000 stall tci streetfighter, AOD with transgo kit, A+ servo, 300M hardened lockup shaft, kevlar bands and 28,000 gvw trans cooler, 3 core radiator, 300 lbs stripped with a full interior
crazypete is offline   Reply With Quote