MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-21-2001, 09:56 PM   #1
Francismaximus
Registered Member

Post Please Help In deciding new Comobo

I have Stroker on the brain 342 to be exact. I kie the power my car puts out now see sig. But a nice 342 with my edelbrock heads and a say 3500-6200rpm cam and 373-410 gears interests me. Now the central coast mustang 342 is 10-1 compression and would probably make close to the same power Im making now with the same heads and say like a custom cam in the x-cam ball park. Plus with the naturally asparated it'd be easier to tune/maintain (one would hope). I could sell the Bell blower and help offset the stroker cost. Keep in mind this is all fantasy I still wanna up my blower boost and finish playing with that and also build a bypass valve etc. So thats one end of it. The other end central coast mustang can build for and extra 100$ 8.5 compression version to compliment the charger. But of cource i get to tune a 342 bell blown motor which should be fun fun. What do you guys think? Go all out blow the 342 keep it a high compression N/a motor or just shut up and finish driving my combo as is. Which finally next week I go to island dragway and get all my friend here sometimeslips so you know I aint just a bench racer. I'll just be a really shitty, out of practice, real racer. Im gonna guess mid twelves with my combo low thirteens cause my drving will suck and high 11's with the F150 crank pully to get me 10#'s of Bell boost. Thanks for hearing me ramble.
------------------
Fully restored Atlantic Blue 89 LX 5.0 6# Bell Blown, Edelbrock Headed, Crane cammed, Vette eating, Z stomping, Rice cooking, NY State Mustang.

Francismaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 12:28 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I'd keep the blower and use it on the 342ci. The cubes alone are going to make that thing haul, plus a blower, Watch out! Make sure you have slicks or your E.T. will be dissapointing. You can tell the horsepower from the MPH. Anything over 103MPH should be enough to get you in the twelves with a good launch. I must warn you! The first time at the dragstrip is a sobering one. My friends 91 blown cobra ran only a 14.00 at 104mph. In high school I thought I had a 13 second car and it ran 16.30s. The track's elevation was 3000ft though. Anyways good luck and don't forget to post your times, that way every one can analyze it.
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote