MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: What is going to be the average peak price for regular unleaded?
Poll Options
What is going to be the average peak price for regular unleaded?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #34
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Post Re: Fuel Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 5302

You're unwilling to even consider the facts in the matter as you've already made up your mind on what the truth is.
What 'facts'? You make vague allegations about an oil company conspiracy, use guilt-by-association and even mention the fact that President Bush used to be in the oil business, as if that were some kind of 'evidence' of conspiracy. Hardly. These are your 'facts'?

Quote:
Why do you want me to ticky-tack away on my keyboard pointing out how irrelevant your arguments are? You've proven you won't listen anyway.
Translation: 'Unit 5302' doesn't like to deal with any opposition to the 'conspiracy' myth he naively buys into.

End translation

I 'listened', and, instead of meekly swallowing the conspiracy theory nonsense you put forth here, I disagreed and presented cogent rebuttals to your assertations while you choose to pout. Very well. I am about done with this issue, anyway. It's old.

I say again: There is no 'oil company conspiracy' (to raise prices) just high demand and reduced supply along with a consumer refusal to curb demand even as oil companies take (natural) advantage by raising gas prices, which is their right in a free market. This isn't a fascist state. Oil companies have no obligation to sell gasoline at a loss or to forego taking profits when the opportunity presents itself. Higher sales of gasoline and oil combined with higher prices equal higher profits. Why can't some folks figure that out?

Apparently, conspiracy theory fans will never admit to reality (they need to be 'victims') but most folks 'get it' and while we hate the higher gas prices, we groan and pay and/or conserve. In short, we deal with reality as adults and don't pretend we are all 'victims' of some dark oil company conspiracy because - we are not.