Thread: Fuel Prices
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 08:41 AM   #79
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Default Re: Fuel Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfanfrombirth
Yes, they did go up... however, it was a big issue only in business news. The public generally doesn't react to a couple pennies at the pump.
I beg to differ. The official government watchdog information agency reports that for the month of February, 2005, gasoline prices held steady (actually dropped 2 cents a gallon) until the last few days of the month and rose 4 cents nationwide.

My point is that whenever the public perceives a threat, the whole market goes nuts for no reason. I can't remember the hurricane that tore up the gulf before Katrine. Anyway, there were some damaged resources in the gulf but the Western side of Florida took the brunt. One drilling platform in particular, owned by BP Amoco, was found listing about 30 degrees after the hurricane tore through it. There was fear that it would topple if hit by the next storm which was already brewing. Gas prices went nuts again. Interesting part is that the rig was being towed out to sea when it was hit. It had never been put into production but the media had us believing that we'd lose production for years to come if it sunk during the next storm.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote