MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-04-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
ponyboy306
Registered Member

Question Fuel System Help

Hey Fellas,
If anyone could give me some help on a fuel system problem it would be much appreciated. I have a white 90 gt, running a completely built 306 w/ twisted wedge heads, cobra intake, etc.
Now my problem is that for the last month my car has been cutting out every now and then if i go to romp on it or hit a big bump. Well here lately it keeps getting worse and just the other day when i hit the bump the car completely shut off. I've dropped the tank and checked all the connections, they are good and test w/ a test light correctly, i hooked the pump straight up to the battery and yet it turns on and pumps.....so the pump is good. (the pump is a 255lph Welpro, 3 weeks old, It did this w/ the stock pump too).
if i take the inertia switch and ground a wire it will kick the pump on but i still can't start the car cause the inertia switch is running through the started siliniod somewhere and it starts to burn the wire......Is this a bad inertia switch or something......does anyone know a bypass to this or do i just need to run a new seperate switched power wire to the fuel pump and disconnect the inertia switch.
Thanks for all the help guys
Kyle
ponyboy306 is offline   Reply With Quote