MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
ed1371
Registered Member

Default Fully embraced the dark side..

Finally did the unthinkable...got rid of the 5.0

Was driving by the Subie dealership wed in my daily driver 04 WRX... They had just put one 06 STI on the display stand and one in the showroom... The whole commute its all I could think of.

Got to work and e-mailed the wife one line:

"I want an STI"

She replied with a one liner in-kind:

"so go get one"

That was all I needed, called the dealership and set the appointment for after work. Test drove it, fell in love. Worked out the deal... got 1000 over what I owed on the 04 (20,000) and TRADED in the stang (got 3500 for it, which isnt much less than what I would have expected to get for it privately)

Felt the pang of sentiment when they got the stang...but I did feel good when 4 of the salesmen took turns driving it and seeing the huge smiles they had on thier faces. Hopefully someone will really do her right and get what I always wanted but never had the time/money to do...

So now I am stang-less... But I dont look at it as having lost a stang, I have gained an STI!

The other STI they had was sold the very next day...both sold within 3 days of being on the lot... not bad for a 35,000 toy.

here is a few pics... dont mind the silly flames on the trunk, they were just a couple magnets that lasted a day...

Old 09-25-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Default Re: Fully embraced the dark side..

Nice addition to the family. My roomate has an '05 WRX wagon. Great cars. A whole lotta fun...if only that turbo kicked in a little lower .

My daily driver is an '04 Infiniti G35. Great car. If I didn't go for the Infiniti, I would definately have looked into the Subaru's.

Enjoy the car, and get your hands back on a stang whenever you can.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote