View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 11:11 AM   #1
StangFlyer
Founder

Talking Fun in the snow!

Thursday I went snowboarding for the first time with one of my nephew's and a friend of ours. Amazingly enough I picked it right up really quickly for never even snow skiing. I guess it's because the balance thing has always come natural to me. I grew up skating and skate boarding and stuff.

I started right away on the intermediate II hill. After several hours of boarding they thought I was doing well enough they dragged me over to the advanced intermediate hill though. Wow, much bigger... I wasn't to sure about it once I got up there.

So, I start down the hill. At first I did a couple carves turning the board from one side to the other to zig zag a bit, which kept the speed down. However, I then ended up pointing perfectly straight down the hill (nose first). I kept going faster and faster and faster... and FASTER! Next thing I knew, I was saying my prayers as my eyes were getting big. I was going so fast my much more experienced friends could not keep up with me. They said I just kept getting smaller and smaller... and, had to be going at least 60 mph.

I was afraid at that point to try to turn the board as I thought I would wipe out, so I was simply trying the best I could to stay evenly balanced and straight. I was about 3/4's of the way down the hill when suddenly CRASH! I don't know what happened, I guess I either caught some snow on the front of the board or it turned on me some, but I face/chest planted it going like 60 mph straight down the hill. My friends said all they saw was a huge explosion of snow right after I went down. I hit so hard it knocked the wind right out of me! I think I laid there for ten minutes as every inch of my body was on fire.

I had a blast and picked it up quick... but, oh my god am I sore! I didn't know I could hurt in so many place like this. hahahah I'm sure I'll be going back for more though, as I just bought my own gear!

Here's some pics... click on them for the bigger ones.

Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote