MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2004, 07:01 AM   #11
AtaqKatt
Registered Member

Default I'm not surprised

I see a couple of people from RHC here in this thread, and I have to say my opinion of them has gone up even higher than it was. I also think that some of the other posts in this thread offer some compelling ideas, but I'm surprised by the religious over tones, especially in a society thats all blow and no show.

If christian values actually meant anything to people our society would be a lot different than it is. For instance lets look at the morality and religious values that govern abortion in the US and the rest of the world. Here, just like the gay issue, we say one thing and do something entirely different. Murder is always wrong, and yet we do absolutely nothing to stop it. It's a woman's right to choose by law, right? But is it right? Do we not all turn a deaf ear to this issue? What the hell, it doesn't affect us, right?

How does that relate to the gay marriage issue? The same sex marriage issue is another example of something that we have extremely strong views on, and will likely do NOTHING about. We talk a good game, but ultimately only about 25% of the populace will vote on anything, dooming any Constitutional amendment, and the gays will get some form of union rights out of it.

This bothers me not at all, because it is entirely irrelevant. It does not affect me at all, just like abortion doesn't affect me at all. My relationship will not change, my taxes will not change, and my opinion will not change, but millions of people will have yet another reason to hate someone else in the name of some God that has been retranslated so many times that the original message is nearly gone now.

My little brother is gay. He's been told to his face time and again that he's going to hell for his sins. I firmly believe he'll have a LOT of company. We all talk a good game, but there are damned few people anywhere on this infected mud ball that live up to their professed beliefs.

Beliefs like love thy neighbors as thy self, judge ye not lest ye be judged, and my favorite, all shall stand before God and know him. There are going to be some very suyrprised people I think when they finally meet God, and it won't just be the gays and lesbians getting called on the carpet for sinning. Religion and religious intolerance have caused more wars and bloodshed than any other reason in history.

There is no ricer, only Zuul!
AtaqKatt is offline   Reply With Quote