MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2004, 09:58 PM   #1
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Default Gays in the army

The army has a rule about no gays in the army, they also have a dont ask dont tell policy, Well here is a taste less comment but funny i think. If i chose to be in the army i would want to worry about the guy infront of me, not the one behind me. But if they want to deffend there nation i dont see why they shouldnt, but if they should the others whould know there statuse because there are some homophobs and also i wouldnt wanna shower with one. Just cause... i mean im not sexest i just dont want a guy checking me out.
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:46 AM   #2
420nitro
Registered Member

DUDE....where do you come up with this shit???

Look if someone is Gay and they want to defend there country then so be it! I assume the last thing a solider is worried about is "if their fellow solider is gay... even a so called "homophob"!!!!
As goes for showering with one... odds are you most likey already have, in some shower at a health club or school and not even noticed it!!!!
I by no means gay. I am about as straight as they come! There is only one thing in life better then the vagina....tat's new vagina!
As you start to get older and be around a lot of people you will most likely be hit on by both sexes!!! It's just a way of life now (sad) but it is. Now I don't know where you live, but I have lived in several big cities and experianced first hand in front of my own wife! I'll tell you what, most of the time it has fucked up my night, no matter who hits on me or my wife.
And now I hear there trying to make it seem normal in schools around the country about "my 2 daddies or mommies" !!! WTF
Try explaning that to a 6 or 9 year old!!!
my 2 cents
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

"There is only one thing in life better then the vagina....that's new vagina!"

LMAO!!! Amen to that brother.

On the subject of gays in the Army. Like it or not they are a cross section of America. They enjoy the freedoms of America just like the rest of us so when it comes to defending those freedoms they should be eligible for war just like the rest of us.

If I had a gay guy in my platoon I would take advantage of his talents and put him in charge of full body cavity searches for everyone that we captured.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Having been in the army i have no problems with gays in the military. I have no problems with anyone in the military as long as you get the job done. I do understand the don't ask don't tell policy. If is for the safety of the individual and for the safety of the team. Most males in the army can't stand gay men. So you are protecting the individual cuz he would get hurt if people found out. You are protecting the team in battle cuz guys might be worried about the gay person instead of the enemy.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Yea, kinda the same saying about the girls, about them being wounded and the men trying to save the wemon and ect. Yea i know this is a touchy subject but i was bored, and about th schools, i have 2 lesbiens... well 2 that are out in the open. There pretty kool i guess, there not hot thow, kinda rueins the dreams huh,
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:01 PM   #6
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Gay G.I's

Homosexuals constitute about 3% of America's population and the majority are male. Naturally, some may want to join the military. That's fine but a problem arises (forgive the pun) when the gay military man becomes interested in another military man - and the other man is hetrosexual. As most military enlistees are between 18 - 22 years old and at their most virile, many are repulsed by homosexuals and become enraged at any attempt by a homosexual to approach them, sexually. The possibility of fights and hard feelings stemming from the gay-straight divide are a real possibility and this leads to a breakdown of military discipline, which is something no military unit can afford, especially now.

Experience has also shown that when you combine young male and female soldiers and sailors, as has happened, jealousies, fights and many pregnancies result, especially shipboard. None of this is good for the services or the individuals involved and a nightmare for officers to deal with, I would assume. This is why the 'No ask, no tell' policy was implemented: to allow homosexuals to join the service. I'm certain many have served with honor and never had an 'incident' but homosexual young men living in the midst of young and virile straight men, often in close quarters, is a breeding ground for trouble. It's fine to be open-minded and tolerant of homosexuals, as many are, but when you're 19 and some gay man in your barracks makes unwanted sexual overtures, that tolerance can evaporate in a moment. Add to that the fact that not every soldier or sailor comes into the service with the same high tolerance of homosexuals others may exhibit and you have the added problem of that latent hostility toward homosexuals just waiting to explode.

While that personal failing isn't a clear reason to bar homosexuals who want to serve from entering military service, the whole concept of the military placing young gay men among young straight men has always seemed somewhat foolish, to me. Same with mixing males and females in close proximity. We already know about the sexual harrassment and rapes some female military personnel have endured, a testament to the problems inherent in mixing people who may be sexually attracted to each other in a military setting. That noted, I doubt all that many homosexual men or women are rushing to enlist, anyway and so far, the 'no ask, no tell' policy seems to be working. It's still a compromise but the best we have for the time being.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:17 PM   #7
mustardjohn
Registered Member

Hey and don't forget the rapes and sexual harrasment situations that arise that create very difficult situations when men and women soliders, sailors and airforce get drunk together. I think hard partying is still a part of the military. It was when I was in there.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:43 PM   #8
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I have been in uniform (until just two months ago) for a total of 18 years if you count college ROTC, Active Duty (Navy), and Reserves (Navy & Army). As you can see, I have served in two branches.

So, consider this. When you have a unit of all men at work, the office, or a platoon, the unit will develop a unity and a bond. They will generally look out for eachother and become more interested in the goals of the team than the individual. Anyone who has ever played Foot Ball knows what I am talking about.

When you put one women in the picture, the entire chemistry changes. The men begin to compete and the unit loses focus and direction. They begin to become more interested in themselves then in the unit. I believe that a known homosexual creates this same type of situation.

We we make decisions about the military, we need to ensure that these decisions will improve our rediness....THAT IS THE #1 GOAL. If you believe that gays do this, then let them in. If not, then well, you know where I stand.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:03 PM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well after 12 yr's military, my opinion is, i was a regan era newbie, it wasnt tolerated, it's all good, but i did 6 yrs navy, 6 yrs natnl gauard/active army- desert storm, but, i know this to just put it bluntly, in the military, you have one big shower room, now put me in a huge shower room full of women, i'm not gonna look around, are you nuckin fut's, hell yeah. so there ya go! call me what you will, but hey i call em like i see them, thank's to slick willie, yeah the great mr clinton, i got out!!!! i could have retired 3 yr's ago, thank's bill!!!. , otherwise if they want to serve the U.S.A, no problem.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: