MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-26-2001, 05:14 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Angry God Dam Peice of **** , crap, Chevy

AHHHHHHHH! I just got my Bonus at work, and with the new job in Dallas (higher salary) I finally convinced my wife that I need a set of gears and pullies. Now her stupid piece of junk, crap chevy cavalier has died yet again. And with it my hopes of gears and pullies!!!! This pisses me off so much .

Is quality foreign to these ******* guys or what?!?!

AHHHHH, atleast my wife wants to sell and buy a ford. I'm going to try to convince her on a V6 stang or something, anything not made by chevy....

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 05:58 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Unhappy

I know exactly what you mean 95...

We had a Chevy crapalier at one time. As soon as that warranty was out, we had nothing but problems. Money literally flew out the door right and left with that car.

I actually sold it for cheap and bought the 83 Mustang that I'm restoring with the cash...

When you folks get down here, I've got a few contacts at a Ford dealership if you're interested in a new get-around V6.

See ya!

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
Winston Churchill.

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 06:41 PM   #3
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Man that sucks to hear! Just when you were getting so close. I think you're on the right track with converting her to a Ford though Take it easy.

------------------
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 07:09 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Unhappy

Yes, I know this sucks so bad! Finally I talked my way into spending some more money on my car and this **** happens.I thinking about selling it and leasing a new V6 stang in Dallas. My company (Ingersoll-Rand) get super good deals on Ford products. But I still would like to talk to this friend of yours Hammer.

Everytime I've talked my wife into letting me spend some cash on my car her car goes for a **** ! It feels like I'm cursed.

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, performacne chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
Old 02-26-2001, 10:39 PM   #5
rbatson

You need to check out the April 2001 edition of MM&FF. Turn to page 80. Looks like the v6s are becoming respectable.
Old 02-27-2001, 01:48 AM   #6
DemonGT
Registered Member

yes..i have a 88 caviler and the altenator just went out...$110 bucks!!!

------------------
1991 GT,T-5,air silencer removed,racing clutch(previous owner put in so dont know what kind),K&N air filter,Aiwa deck,power acoustic amp,2 12" pianeers,UPDATE: Just got my Mac long tube headers and Cat-back

Future Mods:3.73's,Pro 5.0,Shifter knob,FMS 9mm wires
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 02:13 PM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Angry

Well I got the report on my wife piece of **** . $600+!!!, for some stupid ignition control module. It's 2 coils and some plastic for christs sake! The part alone is $550!, I can't even do this my self (wow I save $70)!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

So close...gears....so close...
Old 02-28-2001, 08:19 PM   #8
rbatson

I don't know the year or shape of the chevy but have you considered trading it, as is? You can take that jewel to a lot that has a car like you want and trade it in just like it is and use the $600 as part of the down payment towards the new car. Believe me you can do this, my car was wrecked and the dealership was trying to put me in a z28 so hard you wouldn't believe it! Wanted me to take the insurance money and put towards the downpayment. This was years ago, but you got to think... they will fix it and there is really no labor cost to them.
Old 03-02-2001, 02:39 PM   #9
The Fireman
Registered Member

If there is one thing I hate to hear, it has to be that someone had to spend money on a f****** broke down chevy instead of using it on a Bad *** Mustang. That's just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote