MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-22-2001, 05:02 AM   #1
WADS56
gear banger

Question more EEC-IV crap

Ok, I have a 79 mustang that was converted to fuel injection by the previous owner. It is mass air with the A9L computer.

I just bought a book on ford fuel injection and have learned allot. One of the problems I am having is pin #46 (sig. return) was cut at the EEC and not hooked up to anything. The other side of the wire that was cut was grounded to the chassis. So what I'm trying to say is the EEC side of the wire was left alone, and the part that go's in the wiring harness was grounded to the car. So I reconected the wire to the EEC and disconected it from the chassis and it was running like crap. Then I grounded the wire to the chassis and kept it hooked up to the EEC and it ran great. Now my (isc) works but pin #46 has nothing to do with it WTF.

Also I am having problems with my o2 sensors. I have 2 air fuel ratio gauges (one for left and right bank) hooked up at the EEC #29 and #43. I get a reading but I think they are not heating up like they are supposed to bucause it will read lean till the car warms up (10 min) then it will read stoich. They do not bounce around like they should in open loop, they are stable. I don't have a volt meter yet, but I have a test light and tested the power ground, and ignition run circut. The ground is good but I do not get a reading on the ignition run circut. Is the wire 12 volts? because if it isn't I would not get a reading in the test light.

Please respond this is driving me nuts.
Thanks, Wade

------------------
79 hatch w/ NA 347,stage 2 Canfield heads, out of the box Victor 5.0 intake, solid roller cam, Aeromotive fuel system, proshifted TKO II.MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
93lx all stock + tremec
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote