MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-11-2001, 10:22 PM   #1
82 GT
Import Slayer

Thumbs up gone in 60 seconds

Has anyone seen the movie "Gone in 60 seconds" yet? That is a beautiful '67 shelby but I think it is a replica because if you pay attention to detail like I do, you will notice when he is in flood control and hits the nitrous the speedo in the car only goes up to 120 mph. In '67 it was increased to 140 mph. All in all, it's a beautiful car and an excellent movie!!
Rent or buy this movie if you get the chance.

------------------
'82 GT 351W,BBK shorties,
Comp Cam,edelbrock intake
625 cfm carter carb. c-4 tranny w/ pro stick shifter. 4 core radiator
Mallory distributor. 3:27
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 10:26 PM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

There's a rare car dealer in my home town. One day I was down there with my brother and law looking at amoung other things, a 67 Cobra Competition (Cobra R) in full race trim (drool), talking about that movie.

The guy listed specifics, but said that car was sort of a combination of a couple different cars. Anyway, its a beautiful car.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:15 PM   #3
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Hey 82 GT, I was just about to post something about that movie. I've watched it 6 times already on DVD and I have to say it isn't the best movie but the cars in it, Man oh Man. It is really hard to beat a 67' Shelby GT 500. Wish Ford would design some more Mustangs the way the did in the 60's as far as looks go anyways. When I first watched that movie all I could say was damn I Love Ford Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:25 PM   #4
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Cool

Hey! I wanted to let everyone know about the movie... They made 13 cars, different suspension, engines, gearing, etc all for different stunts. I wanted everyone to know that if they didn't.

2 related stories:

first: dont ever scream in a movie theater... even if they crush a hot Mustang. People look at you funny!

second: if anyone asks... it was not me that stole a copy of Gone in 60 from Blockbuster 3 weeks before it was released! OK? (true storie!)

Ohh... And nicholas cage was sexy behind the wheel! I bet ya'll all wanted to know that opinion!

Jodi aka PonyGirl
RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 11:46 PM   #5
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

I was disapointed in the movie.

No real racing action all 5 second shots where the cars seemed to move fast, but no clear shots.

Ronan, now that is a movie with great car action and the story is actually interesting.

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

>> 13.698 @ 101.2MPH - BONE STOCK, yes BONE(even air filter) stock.

"I can do anything, I'm the Lizard King." - The Doors
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 12:20 AM   #6
88GT5.013.02

Speaking of that bada$$ car, my dad saw a '67 Shelby GT-500KR with the rare dealer installed 427 somewhere the other day. The 427 reigned king. Supposedly there were a handful of the 427 cars made by Shelby, my dad thinks it is a rumor.

But he did see a dealer installed 427 '67 Shelby GT-500KR. Back in the old street racing days of Woodward he said a buddy of his nicknamed "Camel Jockey" (not starting a flame or degrading anyone, but that was the guys street name) had one, but he wrapped it around a pole one night. The movie is cool as he11 by the way.
Old 01-12-2001, 12:23 AM   #7
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Im sorry to say, but i too thought the movie kinda sucked, and we were on this topic like....when it was released.

a good movie, but i thought i seen better car scenes in dazed and confused, or bullit.
i guess i need to see ronan.

------------------
90 lx coupe: Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil,advncd ignition,3-core radiatr, FMS alum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs, 3chbr flows.
Best time: 14.20(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph 97.80
Best 60' 2.1
next mods: subframes, 3.73's

90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 12:50 AM   #8
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Thumbs up

My friend go out and rent RONAN.

Action clips that last over 1 minute on the same cam.

Audi S8 going though massive beating... it's worth every penny.

RENT IT!!!!

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

>> 13.698 @ 101.2MPH - BONE STOCK, yes BONE(even air filter) stock.

"I can do anything, I'm the Lizard King." - The Doors
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 04:31 AM   #9
Mach 1
Registered Member

The shelby is a replica. Check out www.totalcontrolproducts.com for more info. on the car.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 05:22 AM   #10
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Guys on the DVD you can play a thing about the making on the movie and they say only 1 car was used. I heard that 17 car story too before, but I think the DVD must be correct.

I loved the movie too. What RUINED it was the horrible jump sequence, it reminded me of ET flying infront of the moon in the basket of that bike.

What made the movie unrealistic was the driving on wet roads at high speeds. They were really only going 60 and they filmed in 12FPS and speeded up the film so it looked like they were going twice as fast. You can tell in many instances.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS Heads, Edelbrock intake, E-303, 3.73's, 1 5/8 shorty headers, Offroad-Hpipe, 2chamber flows, 36psi FPR, playing with timing still, 70mm tb, 73mm maf, 24lb injectors, K/N, March Crank pulley, MSD6a, 9mm wires and FMS Aluminum driveshaft.
Best ET 13.2@106mph Needs tuning...
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 12:20 PM   #11
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Come on guys! this movie (key word) was for our enjoyment! instead of dogging it, ENJOY IT! That movie was targeted for car lovers like us to be entertained. Not so we could pick it apart. I know all those shots werent real, but I still enjoyed the flick! Now if you want to pick a car movie apart for being unrealiatic... go see that new gookracer movie that will be in theaters soon. If you wanna see a "REAL" car movie... go buy "How a car is made" and watch it.

Thats just my opinion. Hope it dosnt offend anyone.

Jodi
Old 01-13-2001, 07:17 PM   #12
Dan Oldham
Registered Member

I was kinda disappointed in the movie myself, but all in all, I liked the majority of the car chase.

I agree with the others. If you want to see an awesome movie, see Ronin. That was great.

I got a DVD player for Xmas, and just bought a few DVDs. I got Gone in 60 Seconds and Hollywood Knights for Xmas, but just went out and bought Bullitt and Two-Lane Blacktop a few days ago. Two-Lane Blacktop sucks.

------------------
Email: RatedZ@aol.com
1994 B4C Camaro
LT1, 4L60E, 3.23 gears, Flowmaster muffler, Moroso cold air intake, Hypertech Power Programmer , airfoil
13.7 @ 100mph

http://hometown.aol.com/ratedz/ratedz/html
Dan Oldham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2001, 07:29 PM   #13
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

I watch it at least every weekend and enjoy it everytime.

This was not a "thinkers" movie, it was made to be watched by car guys/gals.

There was one real Shelby used in the movie. It actually belongs to Nicolas Cage. He was interviewed by Jay Leno and after the interview he drove off in it All of the other cars were 67-69 stangs made to look like Eleanor.

Love that movie

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
WANT XENON HEADLIGHTS AND WHITE FACE GAUGES? Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2001, 11:57 PM   #14
quick89gt
Registered Member

My ex-girlfriend's dad has a '69 Shelby Cobra GT-500. 428 cobra jet, with a toploader 4-speed. the car is mint...black with silver racing stripes. he's also got a '66 HIPO Fastback, and she has a '66 GT convertible...red w/ black interior. She's also a bikini model..and what' sharder to believe...is that she knows EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING about mustangs....both mechanical and non-mechanical....tell me again why I broke up with her????

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2001, 12:22 AM   #15
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

Maybe Temporary Insanity?

Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Old 01-15-2001, 02:13 PM   #16
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM