MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-11-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
LuchStang
Registered Member

Cool Mustang Problems Please help!!

Hi , i have a 92 Mustang GT. I resently perchesed a 95 Cobra Manulal trans new. i put it in with the Centerforce clutch the one for 350.00.. and i have a new motor also regular 5.0 302 motor. I also put in a Pro 5.0 Shifter. I'm having allto of problems with the trans not shifting right or going into the gears right when the trans gets hot. Do you know what could be the problem? and the Fly wheel has been cut. Also my new motor burns allot of oil! I have a one step over cam inside a BBK air induction and High performance pully and a fuel pressure gage but it still burns oil. can you please help me with these problems? thanks i really appreciate it.. Luch

P.S. Everything is new the Block and all the stuff in it and the trans!! all new!! and i have had both since Dec.01
Old 08-12-2002, 01:51 AM   #2
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default Transmission woes...

What is your clutch cable setup? I would suggest a Ford cable with a firewall adjuster and quadrant. Your cable may be stretched or out of adjustment. How did the tranny shift when you got it? Did you install a new cable then? Need more info on the tranny.

As for the motor...
You may want to run a compression or vacuum test to find any possible problems with the motor. Does it leak oil? Does it blow **** out of the pipes when you get on it? We need specific details to solve problems this broad. Keep us posted.