View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile Re: Good Bye Christmas Bonus..FedEx Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

While it is certainly nothing new to me that CEO's and corprates make a hell of a lot more than the lowers, it does seem to be unbalanced.
That's a popular outlook - but it's based on a fallacy. Workers are paid by what they contribute to the company's bottom line. Top execs are responsible for negotiating contracts that can make millions for the company - or cost it millions if they screw it up. Such executives don't 'grow on trees'. You can't just read a book and learn this stuff. If you could, we would all be corporate executives, making six-and-seven-figure salaries, with bonuses, etc. That is clearly not the case. It usually takes years to climb to the position of a CEO, CFO or similar post. You need to have a proven record of past intelligent decisions that generated profits for the company, or, at least, saved the company significent money and/or enhanced it's market position.

Quote:
I totally agree with you Mr 5.0, if I had the money and the BUSSINESS sense to start a bussiness, I would. I already pour my life into this place. The only time I see anyone other than co-workers is during the weekend, and even sometimes then, its work on the weekends. I'll stop bitching, I know there are people who have it worse, and that I have al ot to be thankful for.
I'm sure you do. So do I. That we may work hard in a job that could just as well be done by others is a fact of life in the labor field. There really is no job security any more but doing a job well never hurts and is a given, if you value your integrity, as I'm sure you do. Of course, you, I or anyone else can always seek a better job, invest in a business or simply try to move up in the company they work for by not only doing their job well but looking for and identifying ways of improving the company and it's bottom line and making sure your superiors know that you're doing this.

Quote:
I really dont agree with the way they informed us of the Bonus Cut, they demonstrated no class; well at least for a company that is supposed to be as prestiegious as Fed Ex. They should practice what they preach.

PURPLE PROMISE!
I totally agree. FedX screwed over their employees in this instance and did so in a clumsy, classless manner that assures hostility and hard feelings. Some 'promise'. "We'll never give you a bonus but we'll pretend that we will, so we can really piss you off". As I said: stupid. You have my sympathy - for whatever good it may do you.