MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2002, 07:33 PM   #1
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Talking Good day

Well, my day at school was quite interesting.

My first 'rice encounter' was this kid at my school saying there is a red 4 door Civic in Fayetteville running 7 second 1/4 mile et's. He even told me it's street legal.

Second; at lunch this kid with a CRX told me his Honda can beat any Mustang - and all he has is a 1.6 liter V-Tec engine. And on top of that, I get to rice out my friends car. He's undecided between a CRX or a Focus. One kid told me and my friend that we should import a Skyline. I told him it would be way expensive and he said its cheap and easy to import those. I just laughed; he left.

P.S. Merc and Tim C. (he's the kid with the V-Tec CRX) says he can take you guys. (He'll be out in July) wants to race you
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:47 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs down Ignorance is Bliss

The level of automotive ignorance among some young ricers is truly astounding.

I say that any guy (or gal) with a stock CRX or whatever grocery-getter he has that wants to talk big about 'beating Mustangs' should be ready and willing to put a minimum of $100. cash on the hood , line 'em up and go for it to prove his claims. Until then he should just shut up. Next time he opens his mouth, I would say "Show me your C-note and let's run". No? Then shut up, loser.

Importing a Skyline is probably cost-prohibitive as they are right-hand drive and not emissions-certified for the U.S. Good luck.

Another dumb statement proving that even though one may be suspected of being a fool, there is no point in opening your mouth and proving it for all to hear.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:10 AM   #3
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Yeah....what he said.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:39 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hey Mike.

Tell him I said bring it on. Oh, and not to bother unless he brings some green (cash, I dont take checks )

Inform him of where to go and when. You know I'm always up for a little action. Although I would prefer something a little more.........just more.

I'll show him like that WRX kid, and that Celica dude who told his friend "Oh, just a GT man. I take those out all the time." Needless to say I reved, and when that light changed. He was toast, by so many bread lengths it wasnt even worth mentioning.

Speaking of which. Mike, me and Tim C figured out why my car spins at 4800-5000 RPM up, and why it starting to get axle hop. I toasted some Control Arm bushings. Sucks..Guess I need to replace all the control arms now...WIth Lakewood stuff.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:19 PM   #5
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default hey merc

hey whats up man, that was pretty cool saturday even for the rain. But now get this a kid in my keyboarding class told me his dad'd 86 silverado with a 350 with supposibly 350hp can beat any mustang in fayetteville and can run 8's lol but he wont street race cause its illigal and doesnt want to go to the track i told him my car which is stock can take him.

ps I was so close to geting exhaust but it had to be one chambers it sucks i wanted exhaust. It was from tony the big guy he was selling his exhaust one chamber flowmaster and X pipe for $225

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:39 PM   #6
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I think it all started somehow like this:

Somewhere, sometime a Honda Civic with a small Turbo beat a 96-98 GT auto vert (the slowest 8 cylinder Mustang in about 15 years) by about half a car.

Start the rumor mill... (chug, chug, chug)
Throw in several viewings of "The Fast and The Furious"
Bake at about 350 degrees...

A month later you start hearing technical reasoning on how a stock Civic with a CAI and fart tip will smack down any Mustang short of a blown Saleen

Its OK by me. It means more fried rice for lunch...

I drive a 98 GT. I've GOT to be slow...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #7
John
Registered Member

I usually boil my rice for 11-12 secs.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
Tod
Registered Member

Hammer, dude i hear you loud and clear. my best friend is a senior and he hears that kind of crap ALL THE TIME from kids in their civics, focuses, grand am's, light pickups, and even TUARUSES and LUMINAS about how their "light" vehicle can toast V8's up and down with their aftermarket exhaust, bright shades of paint, clear markers, chrome rims and (an absolute MUST) off-center racing stripes and NOS stickers. he tells them otherwise but to no avail. it's sad how kids these days are so deluded from the truth.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:09 PM   #9
PKRWUD

Default Re: Good day

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_navigator
Second; at lunch this kid with a CRX told me his Honda can beat any Mustang - and all he has is a 1.6 liter V-Tec engine.
DEMAND PROOF!!!

Tell him until he proves it to shut his yap. If he doesn't, make sure everyone knows he's always talking out of the side of his neck, and is likely lying about any accomplishments he lays claim to. It's most effective if he can hear you saying these things.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote